Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2008 8:27pm

Style: g. barra (blue belt), fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Matt Lindland, Ed Beneville book news

In case anyone else is a martial arts bibliomaniac like me, here is some news about a few books that I can't wait to get:

-------------

Matt Lindland's new book, From Wrestling To MMA (victory belt), was listed on Amazon as being available September 15, 2008. If anyone else was confused as to why it is still not available, I contacted Victory Belt to find out why. This is what I received back:

Our national distributor got way ahead of our schedule by listing Matt Lindland's book on Amazon too soon. At this time, it still needs to be processed, edited, printed and distributed. This will take at least 2 - 3 more months. Many steps can slow a book down regardless of our good intentions. We appreciate your interest and wish we had a more positive answer for you.

Best wishes,
    Linda Krauss
    Wholesale Accounts Manager
    Victory Belt Publishing

and:

Thank you, Bryan. Your Christmas will really be big this year with all the books and DVDs we will have out by December. As you know, Fedor is in the bookstores now. Saulo Ribeiro's Jiu-Jitsu University is at the printers and due to be released in about a month.
    We will have our DVDs available in two months about Anderson Silva and Antonio Nogueira. Several more books are in the works and hopefully will be released before Christmas but these are like horseraces. It is hard to tell which ones finish first because of the delays with the fighters, photos, editors, printers and acts of God. Stay tuned.

Linda Krauss
    Wholesale Accounts Manager
    Victory Belt Publishing

-------------

I also contacted Ed Beneville (also author of "The Guard" and "Strategic Guard") about when the new edition of "Passing the Guard" will be released:

Thanks for your interest and support. Unfortunately I am running behind. I expect to have it done before the end of the year, but it may be after then until it is ready in print.

Regards,
    Ed Beneville
    Last edited by madmagus777; 9/24/2008 8:33pm at .

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    9/28/2008 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet man, thanks. I've always enjoyed the fact that the Victory Belt guys (and gals) are always easy to get a hold of and tell it like it is, no BS.

Also, for those who read Karo Parisyan's book and are curious; his training partner, Neil Melanson, is coming out with a book from Victory Belt as well tenitively called "Triangles From the Guard". It is supposed to be out after that A. Silva's book and DVD's as well as Big Nog's book/DVD's too. My guess is expect it next year around the summer...lol.

Honestly, I don't mind the delays. It's like a Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, or Metal Gear Solid for books. You hate the delays, but when you get it, you know you are getting top quality stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 9:37pm

Style: g. barra (blue belt), fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, victory belt has awesome customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine

Also, for those who read Karo Parisyan's book and are curious; his training partner, Neil Melanson, is coming out with a book from Victory Belt as well tenitively called "Triangles From the Guard". It is supposed to be out after that A. Silva's book and DVD's as well as Big Nog's book/DVD's too. My guess is expect it next year around the summer...lol.
    cool. i can't wait for those to come out as well. literally. i'm the kind of person who will pay double the cost of the book for overnight shipping.