Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 11:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    As a blue belt, I can only imagine that you're referring to gi training. Footlocks are seldom seen in gi, mostly because you've got a collar to hold on to.

So a simple defense- keep a hand deep in your opponents collar. Not only will you be half way to an X choke, you'll open other opportunities for sweeps. By keeping a good deep grip, its very difficult for your opponent to fall back and attack your feet. Should he succeed in getting the space he needs, you can use his momemtum as he falls back and follow him up to the top position. This will also reward you with 2 points.
    It doesn't really happen when people are in my guard actually. I am pretty good about breaking people down, and when they are in my guard they don't get very far. It's usually transitional positions, like while I'm passing or something. It's not like its always occurring, but it happened last night and I was annoyed. I need to step up that part of my game, because I don't like dominating and then getting stuck in something stupid that I can't get out of just because I don't know how or haven't practiced it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 11:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're good at controlling the hips, and it sounds like you are, then the last bit you need is defending your foot it it gets caught. Think of it like a wrist-lock that someone tries to slap on you: unless they've got good control over your body, you can wriggle free.

And for Ming, dude when I first started conditioning like this it seemed like I always had to help a friend move or the next day on the job was carrying plywood up 3 floors or some ****. It was awful. :)

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... Blue Belts and white belts have to worry about the same straight ankle lock.

the only difference in rules between white and blue is blues can do wrist locks.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 1:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In NAGA NE White it was no attacks below the waist, with ambiguity as to where crotch-rippers/lady-makers fit in.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite drill is this one: Both you and your partner sit facing each other with your legs extended about a foot or so from each other. Your right leg is over his left and his left is over your right (or visa versa). We you say go, both of you fight for ankle locks.

Just remember, the first thing you should do when someone goes for your leg is extend it. They can't ankle lock you if your leg is straight, so lock is out. Then work to seperate their legs and reverse the position (if that's what you want to do).

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 3:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to get on top and punish them for going for some cheap bullshit. :p

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 3:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    I just want to get on top and punish them for going for some cheap bullshit. :p
    Do you train at an old school BJJ gym? Because I get that **** a lot when I leg lock those guys.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    In NAGA NE White it was no attacks below the waist, with ambiguity as to where crotch-rippers/lady-makers fit in.
    well those aren't submissions. if you count that then you'd have to count most takedowns too.

NAGA's rules are wierd. I never realized they disallowed striahgt ankle locks for white belts when they allow heel hooks, knee bars and toe-holds for Novices in No-Gi. In BJJ you can't do anything but the straight ankle like until brown belt, and even then it's still no heel hooks.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 6:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri
    In BJJ you can't do anything but the straight ankle like until brown belt, and even then it's still no heel hooks.
    At our gym (and I believe the local tournys in my area) allow everything but heel hooks at blue. It isn't like that elsewhere?

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 6:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Russians think chokes are "silly", I seriously heard this. Brazillians think footlocks are "cheap", I heard that as well (which is F-king LOL considering that BJJ gyms near me charge $195-215 for basic membership). Americans think that shorts have to come to your kneecaps or you are queer.

To each his own I suppose.

*snaps fingers*

Oh yeah! Welcome new MOD jnp! Hahaha, fvkk U! ELEVEN!!!!11!!!ZMOG TEH JITZ IN DEH HAUS!!!! When will you start this thread?: Groundgame, is it a "chess-match" or a "D&D quest"?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast