Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 4:58pm

Style: TKD, Wrestling (retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have two guys training for the RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) and they basically said you have to soak them and scrape them daily when you're working consistently. So that's what I will be doing and breaking out the gloves when I gave the occasional tear.

Right now I'm traveling for 3 weeks, so I get a chance to heal up.

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 12:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you dont want to wear gloves just let your hands callus up and those days when they are painfully blistering/tearing away,a bandaid and some strapping tape will take a bit of the edge off,have to go through some pain at some stage. I'm also a rower so hands are callused in almost every little spot, it is painful getting to that stage but they do toughen up and cause less problems in time.

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 12:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, don't puss-out ok? Glycerin can help, so can soaking. The problem with KBs is the handles are metal. I've been a carpenter on&off (mostly on) for 20 yrs and wood handles don't screw up your hands as much.

Its how the wood absorbs sweat/moisture that makes the difference in how your calluses build up. I always recommend sledgehammer vs. tractor tire workout to build up your hands. Or chop up a cord of wood for the winter.

Don't let them grow like you're some kind of Makiwara-training idiot, the whole blister will eventually peel off and you'll be in agony!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12