Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark
    Ninjitsu is not a fighting system-It's a marketing ploy to extract money from people who don't know about martial arts but dream of being something they saw in a film.

If you feel strongly about this I will tell you right now I went through a phase in my life where I wanted to fight every style I'd ever hear of, and fought a guy who taught Ninjitsu and he didn't come off well. I don't say this as a claim of how tough I am. Merely as an illustration that deluding yourself about a method of fighting can create more of a handicap than if you just threw haymakers. I will add around the same time I got a fair bit of punishment from a chinese boxer so I'm not claiming super skills or anything.

Style wise I have serious doubts-There is a lot of "eye candy" there to get the ignorant to come in and pay money. That same eye candy however tells me if the style was good he wouldn't need to pad his advert out with so much bullshit.

So as I said without actually seeing what they do I can't comment directly but the web site tells me it is likely to be bad.
    Wow just another ignorant person who has developed an oppinion of ninjutsu whith out much training in the art. Here are my thoughts.......

I see that Ninjutsu, or Taijutsu in the hand to hand form that you seem to be speaking of, has given me a great basis for fighting, with the close quarters nature of the art. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taijutsu for further). Some call it martial science, I hate who the Phrase is connected with Frank Dux of Dux Ryu, but truly that is the way we should think of it. Most Fighters only think about force and of physics when they are on the ground in their "BJJ Mode" if at all.

In Taijutsu, as in most japanese arts we are taught to use our opponents energy/force against them. Many times in martial arts or MMA there is wasted energy in fighting. There is no "Flowing" with the fight, No redirection of our opponents force or mental attention. Most fighters (as am I) are willing to take a hit, BUT what if you stepped out of the way of the strike and instead of trying to just block it or letting them make contact? What if that fighter ran into your fist or knee rather than you wasting energy to strike them? What if You Could do nerve strike and drop them to the ground? In Taijutsu, we are simply taught to try not to get hit.

Oh forgot to mention, Tiajutsu was my first style for black belt. Don't knock it till ou try it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 10:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been wondering what was going to tip you over. I'm 5 seconds from letting the wolves loose in YMAS after this post. Everything you just said has been said multiple times, on multiple threads, by multiple black belts in Tai/Ninj jutstsu.

What's even better is, it has been refuted by the same practitioners, so yeah, really, don't go there.

We all know, you have the real. Your school was good yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah.

New shtick please.

The Deceiver

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselD
    Oh forgot to mention, Tiajutsu was my first style for black belt. Don't knock it till ou try it.
    Show me a successful MMA fighter who practices Taijustu or Ninjutsu.
    For every sprinkle I find, I shall deceive you.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 11:14am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *cricket chirp* *cricket chirp* *cricket chirp*

Anyone..... damn....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phleg
    Show me a successful MMA fighter who practices Taijustu or Ninjutsu.
    I guess you mean PRO. Well there aren't any....yet.

Ninjutsu just doesn't have the following that others have because of ignorant bastards that talk **** without trying to understand the art to begin with. Why discorage someone from tryiong to better them selves....when you don't have **** for first hand experiance in that style.

Have you ever heard the phrase, " untill you walk a mile in my shoes....shut the **** up."?

Oh and by the way there are only a handful that practice any form of Karate Either...but it just so happens , that they are the ones closest to the top now. i.e. Silva, GSP, Machida, Chuck, Yoshida, more and more every month. So it may take time.

How many mma fighters Would you want teaching you how to fight against weapon? Stop bashing Taijutsu. We have eighteen disciplines to learn in ninjutsu during our life long path, How many do you have?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 12:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, let's put this in perspective.

You went on a red herring rant based on a fairly bad website. Do you understand why you are getting ridiculed? I've seen enough fucked up people to not do meth. I don't have to walk in their shoes to see how bad it can be. I can draw conclusion based on evidence and facts.
    So, the whole "walk in my shoes" applies to certain things not everything.

When you have proof that this Taijutsu/Ninjutsu, of yours, is the end all be all then you can rant with your platitudes.

Oh and don't come at me with videos from cross-trained BJJ/sub-grapplers either.

Oh and by the way there are only a handful that practice any form of Karate Either...but it just so happens , that they are the ones closest to the top now. i.e. Silva, GSP, Machida, Chuck, Yoshida, more and more every month. So it may take time.
    Nope. Stop right there. How the hell do you go from "my ninja training" to "people use Karate?"

Good lord how many **** strawmen and red herring are you going to engae in?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/22/2008 12:10pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 12:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And what's your style again?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 12:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does karate, my style, karate in MMA, or MMA teachers teaching weapons have anything to do with you complaining about the mistreatment of Taijutsu/Ninjitsu practitioners?

Oh, you can't prove your assertions so, the misdirects begin.

Now that you have your own thread have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by onetimebullet
    http://www.spiritwarriors.com/index1.html

i would appreciate any honest opinions.

comments on the teachers or style.

This is the post that set MarkyMark off.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always post this whenever ninjas come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    There is no mention of Ninjas prior to the Tokugawa era in Japan, which came alive through fabricated storytelling. Ninja Ryu's date all the way back to about right after WWII when some Japanese got the brilliant idea of selling America this folklow about people with extraordinary abilities that shrouded themselves in black.

First off, a Bushi would have done whatever it is that the Ninja were supposedly supposed to to: that is, some daimyo isn't going to employ some crack-head who lives in the mountains and wears black PJ's to sneak around the enemy camp. He's going to send one of his better Samurai to do it. Not surprisingly we find "Ninjutsu" elements in the authentic Bujutsu schools in Japan (Katori Shinto Ryu, for example). Espionage and assassination were not seperate arts the Bushi practiced. Secondly, ninjutsu, like the tradional Japanese Bujutsu, would be a weapons art. Ninja, if they existed, would have to fight samurai, who were ALWAYS armed with multiple weapons. The story weaving and elaborative tales of unarmed arts in Japan occured during the Tokugawa (lots of hippy peacetime, yo.) period, not during the period of warfare that had preceeded it. According to the "accounts" the Ninja would hvae been destroyed (for the most part, enough to no longer be effective) anyway. So tell me how unarmed Ninja techniques that were "Ninja" specific could have been real. If there were a real authentic Ninjutsu art that was all unique "Ninjitsu" techniques, it'd look more like Kali than bad karate/judo (which is what is resembles for the most part today.). Third, the guys that lived in the mountains and fought the Samurai back in the good ol' n00b day of Japan were known as the Yamabushi ("Mountain warriors" it what it'll roughly translate out to, though some oddly enough, lived in monastaries on the plains.) This is where the ninja mythology comes from. They were basically like the Shaolin, a bunch of buddhists who had nothing better to do all day than to train all day long and make candles and poppori (well not the candles part, I'm not 100% sure.). Yamabushi actually did fight the samurai on a regular basis. They were, however, eventually crushed beyond all recognition. To my knowledge, no yamabushi ryu have been passed down to the present. Again, these would have been ARMED arts (Go ahead and go wrestle a fully armored ************ carrying 2 swords, a few daggers, a couple of spears and riding a fully armored horse and tell me how well you do wearing a cotton robe). They did NOT run around in black PJ's. If they conducted covert type ops, it was not the focus of their studies. There isn't any big secret to being stealthy. You run around at night and don't make a lot of noise. <---- Free Lesson!!!!!1111

Anyway, the fact is, no serious historian of the Japanese martial arts has been able to find a piss of evidence that any sort of real authentic Ninjutsu school existed before said events in history.

"Oh, but they must have burned all the evidence of their existence or ate their scrolls so nobody would be able to learn ****!" Nope. There were guys employed by warlords in Japan and guys employed by monasteries. They used the same weapons pretty much and fought in pretty much the same ways. There was no secret society of mystical assassins in Japan or Korea or anywhere else. Never happened. So give up the 8-year old game of hide-and-seek in the middle of the night wearing Tabi's and Pj's.

Beyond the mere historical facts, there is this to consider as well---ninjitsu is totally untested. By this I mean that even granting it historical legitimacy (which I never will), it, like all the other Japanese arts, would have de-evolved as it were during the Tokugawa period. Since no one fought for real anymore, the arts became antiquated. Kano discovered this with Jujitsu (and the Gracie's did separately across the ocean in their quaint little Brazillian abode). The old Jujitsu styles (developed largely during peacetime and removed from combat for hundreds of years) contained many techniques that wouldn't work against real, resisting opponents who, OMG, fought back. And of course ninjitsu, having never gone through the testing phase that Judo, BJJ, MT, Boxing, and others have gone through, is largely devoid of real world applicability or legitimacy. It didn't come fresh from the battlefields like Kali or some styles of Silat.

All else aside and Ninjas truely did exist in the ways of how Ashida Kim and other fagtards understand it, no one has used ninjitsu to kill anyone for about 500 years. Kali was probably used to kill someone today, and will be again tomorrow. Its a living art still used in real combat. Ninjitsu isn't. Sorry.

Beyond all that, all I have to say is that Ninjas are so sweet they make me want to kick my mom.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 12:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh geez forgot about that post.
Page 1 of 22 1 234511 ... LastLast