Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:21pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strikeforce at the Playboy Mansion 2 Spoilers

Only saw three fights but the outcome of one of them was very good.

Joe Riggs vs Kazuo Misaki - winner Misaki

I'm pretty sure it's going to be some drama after this one...the plot: After a feel out first round, the fighters actually start to fight on the 2nd round and Riggs starts to play out a counter strike game(mostly punching) agains Misaki's "ballerina" style of dancinfg all over the cage, throwinh those "stingy" low kicks and the ocasional unorthodox punch. Riggs tags Misaki with a punch, who falls to the cage and then proceeds to return the favor with a punch of his own that drops Riggs. Pounces and pound on Riggs who pulls a "Brandon Vera" and covers his face...Misaki misses almost all of the punches but the referee calls the fight and provokes the drama. Kinda boring the fight...

Josh Thomson vs Ashe Bowman - winner Thompson

Well, fast fight, Thompson has good standup and looked like he was more on a sparring session with someone then in a actual fight. A hard right, followed by a sort of superman punch type of hard right initiates the flurry that drops Bowman, who gets pounded on the ground. Short and kind sweet

Mitsuhiro Ishida vs Justin Wilcox - Winner Ishida

Feel out process, more punches from Wilcox, more kicks from Ishida, who starts playing a dangerous game, since he has a suscipicious chin and is trying to outbox someone that looks bigger then him. Wilcox goes for the single leg and gets one of Ishida's legs who pulls a beautiful submission by way of a atempted standing kimura, dropping to his back, fliping Wilcox over him and then armbarrising him in the process (see? I made a funny). Very slick and a proof of the technical level of the japanese fighter. Yeah, I'm a fan of Ishida!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:34pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    before the ishida fight shamrock kept saying how crazy ishida's submissions were. i was laughing at him since ishida had never submitted someone before... then he makes me eat my words.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 5:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by v1y
    before the ishida fight shamrock kept saying how crazy ishida's submissions were. i was laughing at him since ishida had never submitted someone before... then he makes me eat my words.
    I think he had him confused with someone else, he kept rabbiting about how Ishida was really slick off his back but was notorious for coming in with his hands down and having a weak chin. In fact, Ishida is a wrestler who grinds out wins from the top and has only ever been stopped with strikes by Gomi, who couldn't actually KO him even though he soccer kicked him in the face.