Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 7:25am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

gaining weight without the cholesterol?

Im currently on a weight gain/muscle mass diet and exercise, but i dont want to do what some ppl do like eat 6 eggs for breakfast.

Because im obviously worried about my cholesterol, and diabetes runs in my family too. So how do i gain weight the "healthy way"?

Just in case you want to know my details, im a shorty and a skinny. 5"6 and 62kg, 23 yrs old.
    Last edited by Portillo; 9/16/2008 6:11pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 11:16am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old are you?

If you are young (Below 21) then don't worry about your cholesterol level, just worry on getting big. Drink a Gallon of whole milk a day plus heavy resistance training program, Stronglifts, Rips beginners programs from starting strength, or Bill Starrs 5x5, anything that calls for squatting 3 x week.

At that heightyou are far too underweight and it would be safer to pack on a little fat and muscle than worry about your cholesterol levels.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the sticky.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is dietary cholesterol going to impact your body's cholesterol levels?

Unless your family has a history of heart disease, and you've been warned by a doctor, don't sweat eggs.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol
    How old are you?

If you are young (Below 21) then don't worry about your cholesterol level, just worry on getting big. Drink a Gallon of whole milk a day plus heavy resistance training program, Stronglifts, Rips beginners programs from starting strength, or Bill Starrs 5x5, anything that calls for squatting 3 x week.

At that heightyou are far too underweight and it would be safer to pack on a little fat and muscle than worry about your cholesterol levels.
    Cool thanks, i just edited in my age.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2008 7:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    How is dietary cholesterol going to impact your body's cholesterol levels?
    Sorry but i didnt understand what you meant here.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll have to explain what you do't understand. From what I've read, you seem to think that eating cholesterol will increase your own cholesterol.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 4:38pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...to expand on that, from what I have been hearing lately, the relationship between dietary cholesterol and body cholesterol (as Emevas said) is not direct. Neither is body cholesterol to cardiovascular disease. Medical researchers are beginning to understand that the relationship is much more complex than originally thought. Don't think, "OMG I just ate some butter! Oh, my chest!!!".

Oh, and "don't sweat eggs"... that's a good one.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok cool thanks.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Portillo, if eggs and red meat were that bad on cholesterol, I'd be dead by now. I've been eating like, two eggs a day, minimum since the times I used to poop in my diapers. I'd worry more for sugars (and alcohols) than fats if I were you (due to diabetes running in your family.)

At 62kg, 136lbs of daily, walking weight, you are underweight by 10-15lbs. Like my mom always said, "eat bitch!". Seriously, just eat as often as possible and make sure that, on average, each meal is approx 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs and 1/3 fibrous greens.) Unless your protein is boiled lean chicken or plain tofu, the protein part should also take care of your daily fat needs.

Good rule of thumb is to eat what fits in your cupped hands every 2-3 hours with the proportions of protein/carbs/fibruous greens metioned above. And in addition to that, 1/4 to a gallon of skim milk a day.

Obviously, all of this would be ingested with the assumption you are hauling ass when lifting (and resting as appropriate.). Otherwise, yeah, you'd get some nice love handles (and clogged arteries) pretty rapidly :dead:

Concentrate on working your lower extremities. Make them a priority. They are the key to grow.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast