Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    anyway what was the topic again?
    Best shampoo/conditioner combo to use when washing brain matter out of your hair.

It really depends on you, your hair type and how you like to wear it. Me personally, I have very short hair, which is naturally quite straight, though is starting to thin. I like to go with a coal-tar based shampoo which helps nourish my scalp, as I find that the bone shards that accompany free-flowing grey matter tend to scratch and irritate me. I like to use a leave in conditioner to add a little gloss, and help repell some of the spinal fluid that I just know is going to be flying about later on in the day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:24am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know kung fu

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalusername
    i know kung fu
    In a biblical sense?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:37am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    In a biblical sense?
    If by biblical sense you mean the verses where Samson beats the **** out of the philistines with a jawbone, yes

Kung fu powered by the LAWD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:47am

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkarate
    Hello everyone..I would just like to say I have been reading some of the things people have been saying about martial arts on this page and its a very sad thing. They cut down the training and martial arts in general, when, all along, they are just jealous that they arent either fit enough to do it, or they arent able to comprehend all the self-defense techniques and katas or their kids just dont have what it takes to do it also.

Mairtial arts is not for everyone. It takes a special person to do martial arts and stick with it. I have been doing it for 38 years and it is a huge part of my life. It also is not for being a bully or to kick the crap out of anyone, but it IS for defending yourself and family IF the need arises. I cant speak for all instructors, but, since I have been teaching for 22 years and hold high ranking black belts in 4 different styles, and do teach STREET self-defense, I also teach my students, who, by the way, are VERY capable of taking care of themselves in a fight IF need be, that to walk away is always the best thing to do.

Its not about tournaments, trophies, etc., in MY teachings, it is DEFINATELY about self-defense. For all of you out there that think martial arts is easy, go and seriously try some classes WITH an instructor that teraches street self-defense and one that teaches "OLD SCHOOL" martial arts, like I teach, which entails VERY hard training. I think I could very safely say..you wouldnt LAST 6 months., and I bet you would walk away with a much different point of view of martial arts AND of the kids and adults that take it and stick with it.
    There, I put in paragraphs.

MrKarate, how many times have you had to defend yourself and/or your family?
    How do you know your classes are "old school"? How many dojos have you been in outside of your own?
    Have you met most of the people on Bullshido in real life? You're calling them, me included( because I don't don't support children having the same rank as adults, or kata), for unfit and jealous of kids.

I don't know about who you've met, but I recently ran around so much ( my usual route is running 8-10 kilometres in the woods, running uphill most of the time). I've met a few who have done the same, and in order eff your knee up in this way, you need to have run alot. I'd like to see the kids do that

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj / kempo jujitsu / mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not a religeous man but

samson was a badass

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 8:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox
    Best shampoo/conditioner combo to use when washing brain matter out of your hair.

It really depends on you, your hair type and how you like to wear it. Me personally, I have very short hair, which is naturally quite straight, though is starting to thin. I like to go with a coal-tar based shampoo which helps nourish my scalp, as I find that the bone shards that accompany free-flowing grey matter tend to scratch and irritate me. I like to use a leave in conditioner to add a little gloss, and help repell some of the spinal fluid that I just know is going to be flying about later on in the day.
    I might try the coal-tar based one.
    My hair is mediumlong now and not really thin but not really thick either.
    Is that medium hair then?

Like the other day i was walking through town and i saw this guy and oh my god he had like totally the most amazing haircut.
    so i say: oh my thats one fabulous haircut you have there, where did you go?
    That bitch wouldnt tell! Swear to Gawd.

so im like: dont make me get my purse to beat it out of you you cheap skank.

next morning you think i had a note at breakfast...?
    nothing.

thats right girlfriend.

*flails hands* i gotta pee but i dont feel like it!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:10am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you hate it when someone who claims to have the same opinion as you says some stupid **** that makes you feel embarrassed?

Yeah, that never happens with Matt Thornton. Everything he has ever said in a video i 100% agree with. If someone asks me what my opinion on something is i could literally say, "oh just consult matt thornton" -- and i'd never worry.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:19am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sir, are NOT Mr. Karate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takuma_Sakazaki

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkarate
    Hello everyone..I would just like to say I have been reading some of the things people have been saying about martial arts on this page and its a very sad thing. They cut down the training and martial arts in general, when, all along, they are just jealous that they arent either fit enough to do it, or they arent able to comprehend all the self-defense techniques and katas or their kids just dont have what it takes to do it also. Mairtial arts is not for everyone. It takes a special person to do martial arts and stick with it. I have been doing it for 38 years and it is a huge part of my life. It also is not for being a bully or to kick the crap out of anyone, but it IS for defending yourself and family IF the need arises. I cant speak for all instructors, but, since I have been teaching for 22 years and hold high ranking black belts in 4 different styles, and do teach STREET self-defense, I also teach my students, who, by the way, are VERY capable of taking care of themselves in a fight IF need be, that to walk away is always the best thing to do. Its not about tournaments, trophies, etc., in MY teachings, it is DEFINATELY about self-defense. For all of you out there that think martial arts is easy, go and seriously try some classes WITH an instructor that teraches street self-defense and one that teaches "OLD SCHOOL" martial arts, like I teach, which entails VERY hard training. I think I could very safely say..you wouldnt LAST 6 months., and I bet you would walk away with a much different point of view of martial arts AND of the kids and adults that take it and stick with it.
    Is part of your street self defense training telling your students to walk in somewhere they don't know anybody and start mouthing off? It's obvious that you spent less than twenty minutes on this board before you decided to start spouting drivel. In 38 years of MA training you still haven't learned not to make an ass out of yourself.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast