Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    I went to the throwdown beacause I walk the walk. I don't even need to do any talking.

I wanted to have the video posted in my facebook moreso than have the tag, I could also take my time to dissect my game and improve faster

I wanted to see what it was like and learn from you guys, and whether I improve or not I will definetely attend another one. I also wanted to meet the houston bullies, many of which didn't even attend

I don't care that I don't get to have a tag now, it's just that I didn't get submitted(that can be argued, however), I followed my opponent, I got back up, and I fought someone who outclassed me. so you guys award those who beat on people with less experience than them? might want to re-think that.

I understand that you shouldn't reward mediocrity, beacause oftentimes all the kids who lose a soccer game get a trophy. that's not how life is. I'm going to train so I can really earn my fist next time now that I think about it. Happy Panda dude's right

in the future, I would hope that there is a stickied thread in bold letters that points out that you have to display skill against the opponent you're engaging in battle with beacause bullshido is not some daycare that rewards mediocrity, as well as the stuff that Kat mentioned on post #70 and any other umm......stuff

If you were at the throwdown for experience, then shut up about the fist icon. Just shut up and let the mods add it to your name when they get around to it.

From my viewpoint, you're acting like a soccer mom who's looking for instant gratification because she thinks she's entitled to a black belt just for showing up to class and paying the fees.

In all honesty, did you go to the throwdown for the experience or for the Fist? No paragraphs, just a 1 word answer.

I hope that really strong people bother to come to future throwdowns so I can learn from them if it's not too much bother.
    You've only been training for 3 months. You still have a shitload of fundamentals to improve on and that can only come from logging hours in class. You're not going to learn anything more from bullies at a throwdown than you would in class at this stage of your training. If you want to attend throwdowns because you want to take a break from your gym and dick around with guys from the forum, that's fine. Have fun. You're not going to get any special training out of throwdowns. As mentioned in the forum before, throwdowns shouldn't substitute for training.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props for putting up the vid. I will try to make it to the next Htown Throwdown.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:30pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did say that I don't want it in my post, I didn't earn it. I also quoted the soccer moms too

dude, what's gonna happen if I get this "good job" bullshit and I step into the cage/ring without any grasp on reality? I'm going to get my ass kicked worse. **** the throwdown fist

dude, no one told me about the soccer mom ****, I had to realize it. I HAD TO THINK! thinking hurts my brain

so no asshole, disregard what i said in the rest of the post.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:36pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone is telling you "good job" in your fighting abilities, then they're either dumb or lying to you.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra
    If anyone is telling you "good job" in your fighting abilities, then they're either dumb or lying to you.
    Do you ever have something to say that is either smart, positive, mature, coherent, or even relevant?

no one's talking to you, loser.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    You are saying San Shou Instructors teach people to defend take downs standing on one leg while putting their weight and energy into the one in the air ?

That makes very very little sense to me , but then again I am pretty ignorant in some areas .

Seriously , tharuz ... is that what you are claiming when you say this :

I meant san shou teaches to defend takedowns while pulling off not just roundhouses, but side kicks, hook kicks, axe kicks, and others
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

yes....

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:44pm

Style: drunken bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you ever have something to say that is either smart, positive, mature, coherent, or even relevant?

no one's talking to you, loser.
    HEY EVERYBODY! THARUZ SHOWED UP FOR A TD! LET'S ALL GIVE HIM A HANDJOB!

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Seriously , tharuz ... is that what you are claiming when you say this :
    I saw a san shou video somewhere with effective use of kicks and throws. it looked very technical and skilled.

however, I don't know the first thing about san shou other than cung le's insane abilities.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast