Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 1:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbrinn View Post
    I would be very interested to see you back up this point. Posting such on a forum is far too easy to do in my opinion.

How about this, why don't you (since you live relatively close to Ronald Duncan's location) set up a time to go and train with him or at least take a class and video tape it.

Provided you sign the proper "release forms" I am sure there would not be any objection, although I can not speak for anyone here (I am just assuming based on my encounters with the man).

And then, you can upload what happens in your "fraud" (as you put it) investigation and we all can see the brilliance or lack in your post.
    Sorry if someone else has said this already but....

Dude, don't "invite" someone on the Internet to go fight someone else. What are you, 16yo??? This is the height of cheezy MA behaviour, even IF he does get his ass kicked for his efforts.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 7:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JU JUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't usually respond to comments be they positive or negative regarding the subject of "real" martial artists. However there has recently been a surge of comments asking for proof of ...association, teachers, arts studied, skill etc. regarding Sensei Duncan and also his first generation students such as Sensei Wigginton, Sensei Ali Karim ( recent You-Tube Video ) and others. I have known Sensei Duncan and Sensei Wigginton for over 30 years. I have trained with and under Sensei Duncan and Sensei Wigginton as well as alongside Sensei Ali Karim throughout the years. I was there when Master Ernie Cates honored Prof. Duncan on his 50 years as a TEACHER. Skill...teachers...proof? I was taught that the only proof needed of the rank you EARNED wasn't a certificate or an obi but what you could do on the mat and in the street. I have studied formal arts as well as self defense under Prof. Duncan, Master Wigginton and others who I'm sure you would consider "frauds, unskilled" or worse. Be that as it may, those of us who have trained under these MASTERS know what THEY are capable of and what WE are capable of. Anyone can claim anything, few can back it up. Can you? I know I can ! I'm 58yrs. old so I don't "play" unless it's for keeps. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard. Lucky for you isn't it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    I was taught that the only proof needed of the rank you EARNED wasn't a certificate or an obi but what you could do on the mat and in the street.
    You will find that to be the prevailing opinion here.

I have studied formal arts as well as self defense under Prof. Duncan, Master Wigginton and others who I'm sure you would consider "frauds, unskilled" or worse. Be that as it may, those of us who have trained under these MASTERS know what THEY are capable of and what WE are capable of. Anyone can claim anything, few can back it up. Can you? I know I can !
    Wow! So this is all about to be resolved through a friendly throwdown?

I'm 58yrs. old so I don't "play" unless it's for keeps.
    Or maybe not.

It's easy to hide behind a keyboard.
    Yes, it is isn't it?

Look, if you have some way of testing the claims that you have made, then by all means arrange something with the members of this forum (no, not a "deathmatch") or post some footage (compliant demos do not count) that supports your position. Until then you are the one hiding behind a keyboard.

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 7:47am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was taught that the only proof needed of the rank you EARNED wasn't a certificate or an obi but what you could do on the mat and in the street.
    So since he has skills we should believe everything he's claimed, without any evidence, even though those claims are far fetched and unrealistic?

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 8:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't usually respond to comments be they positive or negative regarding the subject of "real" martial artists. However there has recently been a surge of comments asking for proof of ...association, teachers, arts studied, skill etc. regarding Sensei Duncan and also his first generation students such as Sensei Wigginton, Sensei Ali Karim ( recent You-Tube Video ) and others. I have known Sensei Duncan and Sensei Wigginton for over 30 years. I have trained with and under Sensei Duncan and Sensei Wigginton as well as alongside Sensei Ali Karim throughout the years. I was there when Master Ernie Cates honored Prof. Duncan on his 50 years as a TEACHER. Skill...teachers...proof? I was taught that the only proof needed of the rank you EARNED wasn't a certificate or an obi but what you could do on the mat and in the street. I have studied formal arts as well as self defense under Prof. Duncan, Master Wigginton and others who I'm sure you would consider "frauds, unskilled" or worse. Be that as it may, those of us who have trained under these MASTERS know what THEY are capable of and what WE are capable of. Anyone can claim anything, few can back it up. Can you? I know I can ! I'm 58yrs. old so I don't "play" unless it's for keeps. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard. Lucky for you isn't it.
    Lucky for me? Uhm, I guess we will have to find out. Where do you live? Is it somewhere by Louisville Kentucky? I am only a BJJ blue belt with a lil' bit of boxing, mma, and a bit more Muay Thai yet I will give you run.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 7:36pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone can claim anything, few can back it up. Can you? I know I can ! I'm 58yrs. old so I don't "play" unless it's for keeps. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard. Lucky for you isn't it.
    Your new here eh? Most people here have zero problems backing there claims, haha. I have a feeling most even enjoy it.

Lucky for me? Uhm, I guess we will have to find out. Where do you live? Is it somewhere by Louisville Kentucky? I am only a BJJ blue belt with a lil' bit of boxing, mma, and a bit more Muay Thai yet I will give you run.
    Beating up a 58 year old? Well, be sure to take video. Should prove entertaining.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567