Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/13/2003 12:12am

Style: MIXED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do you think of ear rips & eye gouges?

What do you think Peedee?

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/13/2003 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would hope I never had to use either of those things. I'm not too sure that ripping someones ear off would have the effect we might think. Its really not a vital and Im sure a very angry determined person could fight on afterward.

I always say that in a real fight you have to be careful what you do because your opponent can then escalate. If I'm on top of you and I stick my fingers in your eyes my opponent might freak and try and bite my fingers off or something that he WULDNT have done before my escalation into maiming. If he DOES have friends watching or you're just beating him down and you DO hurt him bad then they're going to ry and hurt YOU bad too.

I'd only do something like that if I thought it was life and death and even after working in Brooklyn I don't feel I was ever in a life and death fight.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    12/13/2003 10:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, "escalation" is the key factor and the judgement call has to be made very quickly. I would say if you are clubbing, in a bar, social, etc. don't do it, legalities and the fact that multiple opponents may jump in and escalate makes it dangerous.

If you are being ambushed late at night or someone has broken into your house, etc. do whatever it takes but don't think one thing by itself will work either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2003 2:53pm

Style: kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't it mentioned elsewhere on a thread that Jon Bluming killed a guy with an ear rip?

X

Posted On:
    12/13/2003 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How the hell can you kill someone by ripping off their ear? Use your brain; is there any way that is even physically possible? I doubt you'd bleed enough from that & no vital parts are being touched...

Posted On:
    12/13/2003 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got bitten by a taijutsu guy while doing no-strike grappling today. If someone were to rip, gouge and bite they'd better get a big fucking chunk off me because I'm going to make sure they stay hurt for that ****.

Originally posted by romero
    Wasn't it mentioned elsewhere on a thread that Jon Bluming killed a guy with an ear rip?
    He punched a pimp who hit his foot with a hammer or something, and it opened up the side of the guy's head. That's why he doesn't like to strike with a closed fist anymore, unless he wants to kill someone.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 12/13/2003 4:23pm at .

Posted On:
    12/17/2003 11:51pm

Style: MIXED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Call me sick and twisted but ripping an ear off would be cool.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 12:25am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, not unless you're Heihachi Mishima.

:D

On the other hand, about Eg&er, I think they're more like "I'm so screwed" manuvers....I mean, if you can use them you're already screwed (good look landing those in a stand up), and on the ground...however, a sipalki black belt once showed me some wicked applications using a key to the ear...but again, in the "I'm dead" area of techniques...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 1:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Girls go for the eyes all the time when they fight. Rip earrings out etc. It doesn't really work to end a fight. With guys it just tends to escalate things and make the guy go apeshit. The problem is that guys tend to think of this sort of thing as some sort of ultimate fight ender and when it flops there's nothing else in the bag. Or cause them to get into fights they really, really should avoid. I can't tell you how many guys have tried "take the big guy down with a kick to the balls". Just doesn't work most of the time. If you are in a position where you can really get the eyes good (mount etc.) then you can just finish with strikes. What, you want to be able to say "the last guy who f**ked with me now has a cane and a dog"? Doesn't seem to have much point.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I want to know is, why haven't all these TMA geniuses ever considered BITING THE EYES?!
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast