Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 8:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsoffmma
    Read the damn post and tell me who the idiot is? gandp1120 is challenging that a BJJ BB is legit and his potential to make income without ever visiting his Dojo are gaining any facts.
    Here come the potential police. You do not need to visit a dojo to check credentials.

We have a person that knew the Korea seen as of 2003. So, the probability of Chuck Slayton producing a Brazilian Jiujitsu BB (yes I notice your Traditional JJ comment) in 5 years (less really), is minuscule.

His accusation was that he saw him lose to a white belt. Mr. Garza posted a video of him winning that fight and also explained about a shoulder injury. As far as this being a new tactic with multiple people posting. I thought that this kind of site, was made for multiple people posting and voicing different opionions and objective views. If I was looking for a fight, I would do that in person. I guess you guys only want to hear negative posts about Mr. Garza. So have fun with that! The only person I see challenging anyone is gandp1120 "The ball is in your court" and "you guys sucking on the Tit of average"
    Yes, notice you have restorted to fight. You knew exactly what you meant when using the word challenge. You came in swinging you were looking for "fights."

So i think the only person that needs to grow up is you Mr. moderator
    Of course you do. See, you have morphed all the way to Dojo storming. You know you were using challenge in the fight sense. You have used both challenge, which escalated to fight, and is now Dojo storming, which ended with a Governing Body.

You know exactly what you are talking about quit playing semantics.

Knowing Matt he probably told you to go visit Mr. Garza roll with him to see if he is legit.
    It does not prove he is a legit BJJ Black Belt. Nor does it prove he can grade in Brazilian Jiujitsu.

It proves he has skill that is it.

I only got on here to clear D-Rock with the acutual facts, because he was drug into this for no reason what so ever. Then people started turning on me.
    Persecution complex. I'm the one that posted the videos, to show he has had title fights and that you could have seen him fight for belts.

Yeah, people turned against you.

I firmly believe in this country's values and beliefs of "Innocent until proven guilty".
    I believe in "Freedom of Speech." Please, let's not play the value systems game here, it will get mighty ridiculous.

P.S. I would still like to know the actual time and date you and your friends are travelling to Rusk. I think a governing BJJ body should go along if your intentions are truely a fact finding mission.
    Really, what governing body are Steven and Chuck part of? Yes, this is pertinent because, then we can check their ranks with them and put this to bed.

No, you really don't need to know the times.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 8:37am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, let me add, you defenders upped the ante yourselves.

He was shown how to act at the school, he was told to be respectful, he was told not to use harsh words, and to not "Dojo Storm."

You and another person started yelling about respect and making veiled threats.

Gandp1120 specifically states he was looking for Chuck Slayton. He says the thread was derailed and again states he wanted information on Chuck Slayton.

So, please, stick to the truth not spin okay.

And everytime Mr. Garza replies a new attack is launched.
    As of today, this is a lie.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/sear...archid=2477337
    Read a thread and quit being a sock puppet.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsoffmma
    Yes i have something else. Pull your head out of your ass and quit thinking this is personal. Matt is a friend of mine, and I spoke with him as he was boarding a plane to leave town. The reason why I'm not walking up into his school returning your "BALL". I do not walk up into someone else's DOJO (Matt's) being called out by a student/trianing partner. That would be DOJO storming. Knowing Matt he probably told you to go visit Mr. Garza roll with him to see if he is legit. Not post negative remarks, smear his name, then call him out. Nothing personal, I'm just questioning your methods, and the way you went about this whole mess. I only got on here to clear D-Rock with the acutual facts, because he was drug into this for no reason what so ever. Then people started turning on me. I could give a ****, I'm posting facts not assumptions. I firmly believe in this country's values and beliefs of "Innocent until proven guilty". I think this has spun totally out of control, and could of been avoided by visiting Mr. Garza's school upon the initial invite to check out a class. I'm tired of wasting my time checking this useless post. So I'm out.

P.S. I would still like to know the actual time and date you and your friends are travelling to Rusk. I think a governing BJJ body should go along if your intentions are truely a fact finding mission.
    Just to give you some perspective, which you seem to sorely lack, this wasn't going anywhere till Steven Garza was asked for lineage/credentials and totally missed the boat on providing them. In fact, every day this or any other BJJ belt legitimacy thread goes on after the subject has been notified is ridiculous, because about 95% of the BJJ community has absolutely 0 trouble demonstrating when and from whom they earned their belt. Even if S. Garza is a legit black belt, he still deserves all the **** that arrises from this thread because the consumer (thats us MA practitioners) have a right to know that the product they are purchasing is legitimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 1:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    Just to give you some perspective, which you seem to sorely lack, this wasn't going anywhere till Steven Garza was asked for lineage/credentials and totally missed the boat on providing them. In fact, every day this or any other BJJ belt legitimacy thread goes on after the subject has been notified is ridiculous, because about 95% of the BJJ community has absolutely 0 trouble demonstrating when and from whom they earned their belt. Even if S. Garza is a legit black belt, he still deserves all the **** that arrises from this thread because the consumer (thats us MA practitioners) have a right to know that the product they are purchasing is legitimate.
    Don't forget to add legit.

Every single legit BJJ instructor has been proven by a student, another instructor with verifiable rank, or themselves. Yes, we have had a couple pop up.

Like someone said, in another thread, problems arise when people can't/won't answer questions.

Does someone have to be a BJJ BlackBelt to teach grappling? No. The thing is, if you are going to give out ranks,enter grappling tournaments, and claim BJJ lineage you should be able to back that up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 11:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Don't forget to add legit.

Every single legit BJJ instructor has been proven by a student, another instructor with verifiable rank, or themselves. Yes, we have had a couple pop up.

Like someone said, in another thread, problems arise when people can't/won't answer questions.

Does someone have to be a BJJ BlackBelt to teach grappling? No. The thing is, if you are going to give out ranks,enter grappling tournaments, and claim BJJ lineage you should be able to back that up.
    Amen to that. The whole intention was to find out who Chuck Slayton is. I asked two of Mr. Garza's students at NAGA tourney who gave Steve his Black Belt. One said he got it from a gracie camp in california and the other told me Claudio Franca. Now he is saying he got it from Chuck Slayton. He has invited us to the school, so we will see what happens.

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 5:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gandp, maybe you should ask Derrick Krantz about Steven Garza. He may have some insight, since he has a picture of himself with some of the students Steven Garza has trained. on his Myspace page. Just maybe he could tell you what you need to hear. Steven also has had some fighters at Ring Rulers himself. Booker Arthur has won a belt there in Louisiana. You can find his fights on youtube.

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 11:08am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi2478 View Post
    gandp, maybe you should ask Derrick Krantz about Steven Garza. He may have some insight, since he has a picture of himself with some of the students Steven Garza has trained. on his Myspace page. Just maybe he could tell you what you need to hear. Steven also has had some fighters at Ring Rulers himself. Booker Arthur has won a belt there in Louisiana. You can find his fights on youtube.
    This is a two year old topic. You missed the boat.

Welcome to Bullshido

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 12:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Two year old topic

You may consider this a two year old thread but according to the date on the last post about Steven Garza it has been discussed into this year. I have not missed the boat. If this issue has been resolved, and Steven has been found to be legit, it needs to be posted for the simple fact that defamation of character is subject to civil lawsuit here in the USA. When his name is searched on the Internet, this thread is one of the first to pop up. If Steven has been found to be dishonest, people need to know that too. You can't just leave a thread like this hanging without a conclusion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 12:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi2478 View Post
    You may consider this a two year old thread but according to the date on the last post about Steven Garza it has been discussed into this year. I have not missed the boat. If this issue has been resolved, and Steven has been found to be legit, it needs to be posted for the simple fact that defamation of character is subject to civil lawsuit here in the USA. When his name is searched on the Internet, this thread is one of the first to pop up. If Steven has been found to be dishonest, people need to know that too. You can't just leave a thread like this hanging without a conclusion.
    Yes, actually you can. This thread ended in 2008. It was culled into a topic about Derrick. Go find the correct thread and post there not in this one. Yes, this one is concluded.

Derrick "D" Rock Krantz has fought for title belts at least twice if not three times. Therefore, it is not a stretch that he may have four belts.
    /end thread.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234