Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 1:55am

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me pop in after a long absence to give my observations, from a TX insider's view.

1. Looking at the competitors the "tournament" is severely stacked with TMA/Bullshido schools. There are legit competitors in there but this was not a tournament with any depth at all of serious legit talent.

2. I know, or have met, almost every BB in TX. Probably 90%. His instructors being abroad and unreachable, and he not being a known quantity here, are fishy as has already been mentioned.

"rumble at the rock in round rock texas and a third place team trophy from the Carlson Gracie Open 2 yrs ago"

Yep, two tiny tournaments..one was run by Grapplers Domain I believe and the other was a small one run by Joao Crus I think.

This is a bit different than saying you competed and did well at the Smackdown in H-Town, one of Carlos Machado's tournaments, and so on. As 1bad65 says these small-ass tourneys arent huge accomplishments to get team medals in when you bring lots of whitebelts to go against lots of other whitebelts.

"I got this off of DeRok's Myspace page. He is the whitebelt second from the left. He also has like 4 MMA championship belts. I'm guessing the scene is pretty small in East texas."

Not that small - if he has 4 MMA championship belts I'd be curious exactly how, when, and where he won them in the state.

Steven, you're probably reading this thread. Will your creds hold up if we move some of this over to TXMMA?

Now, there IS a legit black belt in that region, with a legit school, Pat "Hawk" Hardy under Royce, in Silsbee, who has two Royce blacks under him, Randall and Jason Ebarb - The Texas Punishment Crew is probably the top school in East Texas for BJJ skill-wise.

If your BJJ blackbelt is legit then we will find out and make sure you get visibility to grow your school. It is quite curious that you are a black belt operating in TX but have been largely very invisible on radar. If it isnt legit, then I will make sure you are outed on TXMMA if you dont cease and desist.

Please post info to help verify and I will help make it happen. If you are legit and it holds up under scrutiny then I will make sure people know. If it doesnt, well... Tiger Klay went this route.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 8:34am

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arclight, DeRock is actullaly a friend of mine and come to our school and trained with us to get ready for fights. His is a great fighter and all his belts are the real deal.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 11:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    Let me pop in after a long absence to give my observations, from a TX insider's view.

1. Looking at the competitors the "tournament" is severely stacked with TMA/Bullshido schools. There are legit competitors in there but this was not a tournament with any depth at all of serious legit talent.

2. I know, or have met, almost every BB in TX. Probably 90%. His instructors being abroad and unreachable, and he not being a known quantity here, are fishy as has already been mentioned.

"rumble at the rock in round rock texas and a third place team trophy from the Carlson Gracie Open 2 yrs ago"

Yep, two tiny tournaments..one was run by Grapplers Domain I believe and the other was a small one run by Joao Crus I think.

This is a bit different than saying you competed and did well at the Smackdown in H-Town, one of Carlos Machado's tournaments, and so on. As 1bad65 says these small-ass tourneys arent huge accomplishments to get team medals in when you bring lots of whitebelts to go against lots of other whitebelts.

"I got this off of DeRok's Myspace page. He is the whitebelt second from the left. He also has like 4 MMA championship belts. I'm guessing the scene is pretty small in East texas."

Not that small - if he has 4 MMA championship belts I'd be curious exactly how, when, and where he won them in the state.

Steven, you're probably reading this thread. Will your creds hold up if we move some of this over to TXMMA?

Now, there IS a legit black belt in that region, with a legit school, Pat "Hawk" Hardy under Royce, in Silsbee, who has two Royce blacks under him, Randall and Jason Ebarb - The Texas Punishment Crew is probably the top school in East Texas for BJJ skill-wise.

If your BJJ blackbelt is legit then we will find out and make sure you get visibility to grow your school. It is quite curious that you are a black belt operating in TX but have been largely very invisible on radar. If it isnt legit, then I will make sure you are outed on TXMMA if you dont cease and desist.

Please post info to help verify and I will help make it happen. If you are legit and it holds up under scrutiny then I will make sure people know. If it doesnt, well... Tiger Klay went this route.
    I think someone just got punked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 4:25pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gandp1120
    Arclight, DeRock is actullaly a friend of mine and come to our school and trained with us to get ready for fights. His is a great fighter and all his belts are the real deal.
    They may be - so what MMA championship belts are they? Who has he fought? What show/organization and where and when did he win them? Is he listed on Sherdog?

If he has fought on legit cards in Texas, and moreover, actually won 4 different MMA championship belts, I can easily verify this either through the TDLR or just by polling people on TXMMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 5:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    They may be - so what MMA championship belts are they? Who has he fought? What show/organization and where and when did he win them? Is he listed on Sherdog?

If he has fought on legit cards in Texas, and moreover, actually won 4 different MMA championship belts, I can easily verify this either through the TDLR or just by polling people on TXMMA.
    Listen dick, this thread isnt about Dereck Krantz, its about Steven Garza. If you wanna know what the fuckin belts are, if hes regestered on Sherdog or FCFighter then look it up your fuckin self. Have fun with your fuckin poll on TXMMA.

Oh yeah whats that little saying about the only 2 things to come out of TX.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 5:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is getting off subject. Derock is not claiming to be a BJJ Black Belt. Steven Garza is the one making the claim of being a BJJ Black Belt. Steven Garza is the one selling himself as something he might not be. I ve met Derek Krantz, and he is a legit fighter working up the ranks of the shows in TX and LA. He is not claiming to be something he is not. I wish you would help us by posting this info about Mr. Garza and Team Fury on TXMMA.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 10:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alrighty then, Do I move this to an Investigate Derock Thread or trollshido?

Let me know soon or, I'll make the decision.

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 10:39pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the belts are legit, why be so defensive?

If the guy has 4 LEGIT belts and fights in Texas and Arclight has not heard of him, that is very suspicious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Alrighty then, Do I move this to an Investigate Derock Thread or trollshido?

Let me know soon or, I'll make the decision.
    No Sir. I'm done. We are making our way to Rusk next week and will video and document everything.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 10:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Archlight, Derock is not part of this thread. If he warrants an investigation, please take it to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    If the belts are legit, why be so defensive?

If the guy has 4 LEGIT belts and fights in Texas and Arclight has not heard of him, that is very suspicious.
    THEN START A THREAD ON THE GUY.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast