Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 10:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: American Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First let me apologize about the comment about you being a prick, I was out of line.

Secondly

Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    Boxers have a special type of brain damage named after them. Bad choice for an example.
    We are on the topic of nutrition and coronary problems, of which boxers have few.

Dementia Pugilistica is a side-effect of getting hit in the head and has nothing to do with nutrition.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 10:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question them all you want. I'll survive. My interest here is in the veracity of claims being made here and the quality of advice based on it.

If I were contradicting you for the sake of contradicting you, then I wouldn't be able to point you to this and this - the posts where I previously laid out some of my understanding about the risks of elite athletics.
    That's fine, I have no problems with people arguing with me if I'm wrong, but your coming up with some pretty abstract **** and it looks like your just trying to pick fights. If we get off subject and nitpick every little piece of information in each others post then we will end up hijacking every thread, as we have done this one, with debate over minor BS that is not related to the question at hand.

Fact: Saturated fat and certain types of cholesterol are bad for you.
    Fact: They are found in whey protein supplements.

My Conclusion: If this is an issue for you try soy or something. We don't need it to be a 12 page debate because you know about quinoa or fat is not an issue for you or I overused the letter c or something.

I don't just make these things up to sound cool. If It's speculation or opinion I use words like "I think" or "Maybe", otherwise if I say it I've read it in a respectable publication or have seen it work myself. Does this mean I'm always right? Of course not, musclemag did not mention quinoa when they said soy was the only plant with such an amino acid spread. It happens, but nitpicking about little things doesent help especially when theres not an isolate sitting right there next to the whey and soy on the shelf at wal-mart.

I also want you to take another look at what you said:

Now, when I look at that, the implication I'm picking out there is that my current dietary patterns are dangerous to my health, for one or more reasons:
    -saturated fat
    -cholesterol
    -sheer amount
    I think that's a reasonable thing to infer from the above.
    Flat-out dangerous 90mph into a brick wall like? No. Elevated over-the-course-of-your-life maybe a little bit more plaque in your arteries that you coulda done without like? Yes, definitely.

Anyways, I'm going to leave it at that because I'm sick and losing coherence. The bottom line is that I'm not being a dick for the sake of being a dick.
    Yeah, noted. Debate is a great tool for learning, but for the sake of the threads we post in we cannot debate every minor infraction to fulfillment at every junction. Lets stay on topic unless you think I've endangered someone's health.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 10:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can explain the problem with the approach you're taking, but it'll involve a non-trivial amount of time, effort and concentration, so I'm not going to do it unless you're actually interested.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 11:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can explain the problem with the approach you're taking, but it'll involve a non-trivial amount of time, effort and concentration, so I'm not going to do it unless you're actually interested.
    Bleh I'm not in a hurry and your sick, If all goes according to plan I will still be alive and able to use the internet in a few days, you can post it then.

I do actually read what people post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 7:32pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah i did read the stickies and found some great information there. Ill read the weight training one again, cause i must of missed a part.
    Last edited by Portillo; 9/26/2008 7:39pm at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345