Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 9:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Now I need to know what to work on for the next tournament in 2 months.
    Considering your previous injury and your understandable reluctance to train takedowns, I'd suggest practicing pulling guard and immediately attacking, disrupting their base. An active offensive guard is hard to deal with if you're never allowed the chance to posture up, so practice pulling guard in a manner that prevents your opponent from getting his knees underneath him.

I forgot to congratulate you earlier. Since I read your training log I can say, way to set your goals and act on them.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 10:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Considering your previous injury and your understandable reluctance to train takedowns, I'd suggest practicing pulling guard and immediately attacking, disrupting their base. An active offensive guard is hard to deal with if you're never allowed the chance to posture up, so practice pulling guard in a manner that prevents your opponent from getting his knees underneath him.

I forgot to congratulate you earlier. Since I read your training log I can say, way to set your goals and act on them.

Thanks as always your advice is right on and helpful.

I had two goals going in.

One was to see if I could compete and not get hurt (seriously this was a big deal to me)

and the second was to see what the whole thing is like... the waiting...and the more waiting....

Jeff Joslin has his big tournament in November which might be the biggest one in Canada so now I have some experience and specific goals to go and train towards for that.

I think my should totally be what you said.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12