Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But those things are not unique to grapplers. That could happen to anyone, striker or grappler.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:24pm

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's true about weapons, but while standing you have time and SPACE to run. If you're grabbing onto each other you can't get space as well, and plus if you're separated you can watch the hands better to watch for weapons. You easily loose track of someone hands while grappling, and that hand could kill you with something. With keeping separation you just have more options and it's safer.

Edited by - DCM Fighter on October 22 2002 19:28:23

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ZOOOOOOZITZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    zitzuu??? is that were you pop your zits on a guy and he freaks out? : )

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see where you are coming from, but when I have both your hands, what can you do with a knife?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you mean? Before he has the knife out or before? Well I'd be careful that the guy doesn't break the grab I have on his wrist. Wrist grabs are very easy to get out of, and if he has the knife already it's extremely diffucult to just grab into a knife arm with one hand. Even if you do, it's very easy for a knife man to cut your wrists and twist out of your grip and keep on stabbing. Then what if you grab his knife hand with both of yours? He just punches you in the throat or face to make you release then he continues to stab you. This is a trained knife fighter. I don't think anyone who's just picked up a knife would think to punch with his free hand unless they had some training but you never know. These are all things to think about. It's still better to hit a person with the weapon because it's the man who's the threat and not the weapon. Wrap your arm around his weapon arm and strike til he's out of the fight.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 7:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if you are fighting a skilled knife fighter, you are screwed unless you can out run them. But most of the time, that will work. That is like saying "well, what if Nog tries to mug you?" The answer is the same, you are fucked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah exactly, but luckily there's not too many of them around. :) But like I've said we train worst case. Let's say we have to go up against Mike Tyson or Tito Ortis, for example, in a real street fight. We train to, at the very least, survive a very bad, dangerous person and situation, ya know and get away with as little injuries as possable. Thank god I don't live near Tyson :) What if you can't run cause you got your kids, or loved one with you, or there's no chance to run? You have to have tactics/techniques that help you survive, and that's the point I've always been trying to make. Everyone says well if faced with that situaton I'd run. Well, worst case, what if you can't?

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 8:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can undestand that, but I think controlling the knife arm is the best thing you can do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 8:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is, but control it by wrapping it, like a tight overhook (from westing ya know?) and punch, elbow, and go for the eyes. If you happen to grab the knife arm go for the throat or eyes. Here's what I'd do against someone with a knife. If I had time and distance, I'd parry the knife arm and try and wrap the arm and hit. Or go directly to the striking keeping my other elbow low that's not hitting to at least give me a little protection. Or shield and do the same thing. But better yet, if you got time grab a weapon of your own; get a knife out if you carry it, but make sure you have time and he doesn't charge you as you're getting a weapon. I've heard of cops dying (and knives going though even kevlar) from getting stabbed while trying to get their weapons, when they should've focused on defense first, gaining space and time, and then getting their weapon out.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast