Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 6:43am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, before pouring the kasha in, I boil the water with either chicken broth or asian chicken-flavored paste, chives, onion and garlic salt, some old bay, basil and a bit of olive oil and sesame seed oil. Then you pour the kasha in. It still not going to give it a full flavor, but it will give a good aroma.

Then, when I'm eating it, I put either some mayo or home-made yogurt mixed with pepper and lemon juice. This not counting whatever else I mix this with (chicken or beef usually.)

-- edit --

I do the same with couscous and brown rice (or any grain except red/black beans for that matter.) I never cook any grains with just plain water or simple brot.

As for kasha, I pour 1/2 more water than what you use to so that the kasha has more time to absorb the spices as it grows (and the water gets consumed/evaporated.)
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/16/2008 6:45am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123