Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge
    I had a roommate who wished that he lived in the future where you could just "eat a tablet like the Jetson's"

trail mix+fresh fruit+seaweed
    I agree with your former roommate, hence the "I hate the digestion process" comment.
    (damn wussy British sensabilities I was born with)

I do my trail mix and fruit for the snacks and seaweed? *sign of the cross*

Quote Originally Posted by Frank White
    Tell your woman to make you some damn food.
    I actually do the majority of the cooking because I rule that way.

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mabee if you nice ladee, I give rou proteen of my peepee. If rou nice man, mabee I do but no lookie-lookie!! Ewww Chinerese sweat-shoppa time!!

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate you Serge.......

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love u long tyme!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 8:36pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love brown rice, but when it comes to convenience and good flavor, I go with buckwheat (kasha) and/or couscous. Those things get cooked in less than 10 minutes. I cooked a load of either, then put them in ziploc bags in the freezer. I take a bag out every day, still frozen and put it in containers with other stuff (brocolli, cooked animal remains and stuff.) Simple stuff.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 9:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kasha f'king owns! Throw some protien in it (not from pee-pee!) and you're good to go. Nice and bland and digestible.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 10:15pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Post edilble kasha recipes, pls. I tried and tried, but I couldn't make that stuff taste good.

Bulgur on the other hand - yum. It takes 20 min or so to make, keeps well, can be substituted for rice, and has about twice the fibre of brown rice (horribly hippy link for nutritional profile: http://www.sunnylandmills.com/health.html) I cook it with a bullion cube for tasty as well.

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 10:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroChick
    Post edilble kasha recipes, pls. I tried and tried, but I couldn't make that stuff taste good.

Bulgur on the other hand - yum. It takes 20 min or so to make, keeps well, can be substituted for rice, and has about twice the fibre of brown rice (horribly hippy link for nutritional profile: http://www.sunnylandmills.com/health.html) I cook it with a bullion cube for tasty as well.
    I'm sorry, I think you're totally awesome and all, but WHY do you always cue in on the "how do wash gi?" "what's for dinner?" "I can't untangle my hair!" threads!?!

anyhow, stand by for kasha recipies (it's not supposed to taste like anything but glorified cardboard)...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 10:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    Lunch sucks and I hate the digestion process.

I hate going to the store and trying to plan out the food I will need for lunch each day, trying to balance out my meals, intake the right quantities of the right nutriants, have them actually taste good and not sit heavy.

I keep trying to change things around at lunch:
    pasta
    salads
    wraps
    grilled chicken
    vegetables

I like eating brown rice but hate trying to cook it and bring it to work -OR- try and cook it at work.

I stumbled across this at the store last week and gave it a whirl:
    http://www.minuterice.com/products/d...tritionalfacts

pre-portioned brown rice packs that are ready in a minute.

It has a hell of a lot more sodium then I would care for (175mg vs. 10% of that with normal brown rice) but the convience factor makes them nice to have in a quick meal emergency and I couple it with this:
    I usually will mix some Vegetable Bouillon in my rice so that ups the sodium factor.

The flavor isn't bad, the texture and consistancy aren't bad and the convience is nice for quick lunch packing.
    HEY NOOB!!!! WE HAVE A PRODUCT REVIEW FORUM!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 5:09am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, I think you're totally awesome and all, but WHY do you always cue in on the "how do wash gi?" "what's for dinner?" "I can't untangle my hair!" threads!?!)
    ...coz I'm a thirtysomething wife and mother of two, who spends a lot of time doing laundry and making food for my family? Hey, truthfully, I kinda suck at the martial arts thing, so I contribute to the site in my personal specialties. Maybe I should change my style field to Mom-Fu.

anyhow, stand by for kasha recipies (it's not supposed to taste like anything but glorified cardboard)...
    Yep, that was about it. Toasted cardboard, sometime soggy. Blech!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast