Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 3:34pm

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nisezoom
    No, trolling gets moved to Trollshido, discussion and even arguement stays in the Discussion Forums.
    ok then...prove me otherwise

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 3:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nisezoom is making an argument, and a valid one at that. Just because it may be controversial doesn't make it trolling or out of line. You've been a member for less than a month. If you don't understand how this site works perhaps you should stay in Newbietown.

Personally I think Evan Tanner should be inducted into the HoF posthumously, but we shouldn't gloss over his very real problems.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 5:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie Barra JiuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rampage goes to jail. dana is on that **** like a fly. evan tanner dies, evan who?

wtf is up with ufc these days.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about his career warrants induction?
    Hopefully there will, at least, be some sort of recognition at upcoming events.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 5:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he should be honored in the UFC hall of fame for dying.

What next? Honoring Kalib Starnes for bicycling backward?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 5:27pm

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good fight and all but yeah just because you die doesn't mean you should get put into the HoF. If he would have lived and brough postive things tot he sport and **** like that sure but dying?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:19pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    What about his career warrants induction?
    Hopefully there will, at least, be some sort of recognition at upcoming events.
    He was fed to a number of opponents who were all supposed to beat him and he came through winning culminating in the Middleweight championship (I don't subscribe to the adage of "you're not a champion until you defend the title").

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    guys ....what i try to do with this petition's not getting toushands of names and all... or REALLY getting Evan in HoF without any looks at what he was, good or bad. Its just that the guy was a true warrior and he helped made the sports what it is today and what it should be. Youngsters look at potential heros nowadays and finally go look at narutos comics or hip hop gangsta rap stars cause our poster boys in MMA are ( not all but ) just interested in the money, the wins over losses and being at cool partys with cool girls.....

for a good amount of kids the image of heros still an be a positive ones. why not showing them a mixed martial arts fighter ( the "cool part" ) that puts behind him the superficial and tried to live by his own rules a better life. I see this like an strange mix between a slodier and a monk ...

anyway..i tried to "use" his death to make the good and using the toughts and personnality of Tanner could be a gentle but still "warrior" enough way to put it all in a good positive image...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 1:44am

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Wolf]nisezoom is making an argument, and a valid one at that. Just because it may be controversial doesn't make it trolling or out of line. You've been a member for less than a month. If you don't understand how this site works perhaps you should stay in Newbietown.
    [quote]

I understand, thats why I said, "ok then". I thought that would validated my point of understanding the rules and regulations.

Not trying to be a dick just letting you know that I understand.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    He was fed to a number of opponents who were all supposed to beat him and he came through winning culminating in the Middleweight championship (I don't subscribe to the adage of "you're not a champion until you defend the title").
    The only two people that fit this criteria, that he beat, are Baroni and Terrell (maybe Lawler).
    Tanner was a good fighter. Was he a great fighter? Probably not. Was he an innovator or big part of the sport early on or pivotal in the sport's recent growth? Probably not.

He had an awesome beard versus Grove though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12