fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 10:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Knee destroyed by BJJ noob, Operation this Monday

I have been a few days gone from the forum since I was staying over at the hospital from wednessday until Friday afternoon. Why did I get there....

Well wednessday evening I was training BJJ from 20h00 until normally 22h00, but the plans got changed by a noob around 21h40. This kid ( he’s 19, I’m 32, so he’s a kid) was training with us for the second time and like all beginners every roll was like a bloody competition.
    He hadn’t even yet bought a gi so it’s difficult to get a hold of him because he’s wearing a T-shirt and shorts, I’m wearing a gi. Last roll and he jumps guard on me but since he just saw the technique on youtube and not in training he doesn’t perform the technique correct. He locks his legs around my waste but doesn’t control my upperbody, instead he just hangs like a bloody monkey from my neck. I can’t hold him ( he’s about 72 kg) and can’t take a grip on him ( remember no gi) so I just flip over thu the weight and he hits the inside of my right knee, I hear it snap 3 times and feel it bend to the left in an angle of +/- 60 degrees. I yell to him that he has to let me go because now my joint is locked and i can’t fall on my knees to releave me of his weight on my knee. He panics and just tighten his grip, if it wasn’t for one of the other guys I would have heard my knee snap again, but he managed to remove monkey boy from me, I hit the floor with a twisted knee. After 20 minutes with a ice pack the trainer rushed me to the hospital.

The verdict is that I broke the top of the smallest of the two bones that are in the underleg, and it got broken just at the connection with the knee joint. The doctors were afraid that the capilar nerve was damaged because it runs just at the fraction point and that the vain in the knee also could be damaged whitch could be dangerous for internal bleedings so I was kept for observation and CT-scans and x-rays.
    Luckely it was just the bone and the lateral band that’s damaged and this Monday I have to go in for surgery, then 3 to 4 months healing before I can start my training again.

So here’s my advice to all noobs that start training in a new style:

1) Forget all your training in another art when you are on the mat, you’re there to train Brazilian Jiu Jutsu, not Brazilian Judo or Brazilian Kung-Fu

2) It’s a training, not a competition so when you train focus on executing the techniques that you’ve learned, not into submission your opponent at any given price.

3) Youtube is not your teacher, it’s the person with the BJJ Black belt or BJJ Brown belt that’s leading the class.

4) If you train wild and don’t take account of your fellow practiseners, well people are going to get hurt and it will always be the ones that keep themself to the rules and train with the safety of their partners in mind, never the fucking noob.

Sorry for my rant, but I’m now at home with a big plaster around my leg and waiting for the operation. And then 3 to 4 months of nothing, well it sucks.

Greetz,
    Zendokan
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 9/22/2008 10:38am at .

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn! Thats a major bummer. Im having a hard tim picturing how he managed to mess up your knee from jumping guard. Did he swing his full body weight into the side of your knee?

I do agree with your rules, spazzy newbs are freaking dangerous!

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sucks hard.

Good luck getting better.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, he swung his full weight into my knee, can put my trainingsfees into hold for when I get back ( BJJ 350 and Judo 130 ) so that's no lost but 3 months of doing nothing, it's just hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:10am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats harsh mate, good luck with the op

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never do stand up with n00bs, and when I roll with them, I usually just let them pass or sweep me if they go for it, but I make sure they stay away from my legs. Happy healing, for both you and Tom Brady. I hope you recover quickly, and I wish for n00bs to be less spazzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:17am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you go in to your gym heaps while you're still recovering and sit mournfully on the sidelines, guilting the hell out of him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knee injuries absolutely suck, as do spazzy BJJ newbs. I'm sorry you had to experience both.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im scared **** like that will happen to me in my third yr of med school - id probably have to repeat the yr if i cant walk around.

fucking noobs

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:31am

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gentle with the noobs... then crush them mercilessly from side control, knee on belly, or north south teabag position. Thats Allstate's stand. Are you in good hands?

Hope you recover soon/well.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast