Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 10:07pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my old gym we taped a focus mitt to a big (really) heavy bag and drew a mean face on it.

We'd hang it up, and go nuts on it, then detach it and use it to practice big pickups, and takedowns. Have some people stand behind it, supporting it as you bodylock it, lay it on the ground and GNP the bejeesus out of it, do a bunch of squats while clinching it, suplex it, etc.

Good Times.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might be good for working the plum clinch

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 1:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    It might be good for working the plum clinch
    Nope it's not, the neck is too weak and the base gets in your way. I tried that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 9:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD, FMA, Sub. Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayanami
    i have tried kicking one............and it hurts even more(even when wearing a shoes)
    i only use front kick,back kick,side kick(or any kick that does not use instep) and some punches when training with the dummy(no,not dummy plug).and i also aim for the face and the neck
    I have one of these. It gives a really good feeling as to where to hit on the ribs with your shin (rear leg round kick)--I generally avoid using my instep in the first place. If you've ever kicked a thai pad with that part of your body, you'll know better the next time.

The most annoying part I've found was the base--again, like others who have beat me to it, close-range footwork becomes a hassle. Also, even when fully filled, it can rock back a tad easily (which is more or less unavoidable) on close range, making it somewhat hard to practice high-number punch combinations. The best part is probably the good targeting practice and the adjustable height.

If you looked at mine, the right side of the body has been pounded in from shovel hooks to the liver. I've only had it for a little less than 5-6 months now, but I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the rest of the body starts to go as different areas get targeted more and more.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12