Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't think of zuffa going out of their way to make life difficult for them but of course that makes complete sense. I figured affliction might just be caving in through investors not seeing a return fast enough and that made me a sad panda. I really wanted to see an Arlovski Barnett fight or even Barnett Fedor at some stage.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 12:10am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    I wonder home much involvement the UFC had in making it difficult for Affliction to find a property host.
    Give the man a cigar.

Affliction has all the best heavyweights. Dana saying "they're going nowhere" holds about as much water as when he says Fedor sucks. The UFC has deomonstrated that they're willing to play rough and put UFC events on spike durring the same time slot as their competitors. I wouldn't put it past them to make venu scheduling difficult. After all, Dana does own Las Vegas.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod
    Okay, who had "one and done" in the pool?
    Dana White did. I think he gets 1 dollar, plus the guarantee of a permanent lifetime fortune, and status as Giant Vegas Douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 4:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok sort of an update on the affliction thing. It probably doesn't deserve its own thread though. http://sherdog.com/news/news/afflict...-partner-14384

Essentially they are teaming up with Golden Boy to put on mma/boxing shows. Weird to me. What's the average length of a boxing match? If its much more than a 15 minute mma match I don't know how these shows will work. Oh and Jan 17 is the date for the return at the moment. I think Fedor's hand will be good to go again by the time that comes around so who knows what we will see.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12