Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok first let me establish that this is in no way a topic to bash the kung fu or tma or any style. This is simply a funny, or what I thought was funny, story.

My oldest 8 year old boy was playing Tekken 4. He was Marduke (Vale Tudo) and was fighting Lei (Kung Fu). During the last fight Lei Struck a crane position (similar to that in Karate Kid) and my son executed a side kick and blasted him into the some glass and won the fight. He then looked at me and said "Why would he do that dad, that was stupid, he was totally open. He deserved to be kicked. Do people actually do that in real life?" I started laughing.

Again...I thought it was funny and just wanted to share.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 5:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is right. I think its lei's most vunerable position and the timing is is not what it was in tekken 3. Also what is the point of doing that move? He is just going to punch anyway. If there is a tekken 5 his moves should be fine tuned.

Peedee makes a living out of whining like a spoiled child.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't he do a headbutt from the crane stance? Or am I thinking of something else...

His headbutts are pretty frickin' powerful, although I find Hwaorang easier to combo/juggle/pound with...

Since we're talking about Tekken, I had a question for people who know about it more than I do. Everyone knows Law = Bruce Lee, but in a lot of the cinematics you see Paul practicing with him, so does that mean Paul = Chuck Norris (i.e. Tang Soo Do/JKD)? It sort of corresponds, does anyone have any information on it?

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - Mercurius on October 23 2002 01:58:06
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 6:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe, but Paul does a hybrid style based off judo. But his kicks punches do look like karate.

"The night has come and all you lived for was in the day, but with understanding the night can be a powerfull alley"

Titan

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 6:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MAKE SURE your son keeps that attitude.

Make sure he knows the movie stuff is utter bullshit, tell him to laugh at Jet Li, my kids will!

Well, at least Jet admits his stuff would never work.

Edited by - slj on October 23 2002 09:02:15
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 9:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks SLJ. I will. He is becoming more wise. I teach the kids class, which he is a part of and then I teach him at home as well. Needless to say that the kids curriculm is a light one for kids. So when we get home I do train him differently more traditionally. He asked before, why don't we do this in class? I simply tell him that it is not my school so I have to teach how GM Park wants me too.

I actually had a debate with GM Park because I teach my boy sparring (non-TKD style). GM Park said it was unfair to the other kids because they are not learning the same thing. I told him that their parents need to get involved in the martial arts and start learning so they can. That is not my fault. He just laughed and told me to make sure he knows the difference when we do TKD sparring.

By the way...Marduke does Head butting. I love that character in the game. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BAH I My Jin Kazama and Nina William style will destroy you all!!!!

Actually I am good with any one. To piss pple of I let them pick my players then destroy them. (Hours of CQ duty and YOU TOO can be a TEKKEN MASTER!!!!)

Merc,

The Law/Paul is based off the Lee/Bruce relationship. BUT Paul does not do TSD Paul does Judo and mixed with some Bajiquan. That is why he is such a badass!!!!!!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 9:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are you stationed Asia? I just recently started picking up the PS2 controller and playing because my web design business is slow and I have nothting to do late at night. It is taking me forever to learn these games.

My kids however pick it up and within 10 minutes are experts. So I do what any other good father does I quickly unplug their controller so I can beat their character. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am stationed in Hohenfels, Germany. I am OPFOR for CMTC.

I have always been good at fighting games. Tekken has been one of my best, which is funny because when it first came out I didn't like it. I really started getting into it with Tekken 2. In AIT we sat down on Sat (non payday weekend so all the joes were hanging in the barracks) I had a 49-0 winning streak with Jun Kazama. From then on I just kept playing it. I done little tournaments here and there. I went to one in France for a Tekken Tag one and it came down to a Law/Lei vs Jun/Ganryu match. I upheld the Japanese honor!!!

My daughter LOVES playing with me. I slaughter her (Hey no free lunches here :) ) but she beats most of the kids in the neighborhood.

I got Tekken 4 last week and still need to unlock some more things. But with the new baby, training rotation going on, and wrestling practice I don't get much time to play.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh