Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 12:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hornyhobo
    lol Canada.

Seeing as how the North Koreans chose TKD masters as the assassins, it must mean they didn't really want the guy dead.
    What if he was on horseback?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 12:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey dipshits, this is old & already posted in the KMA forum.

Now shut the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 8:14am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In other ITF/North Korea news, they are changing Juche back to Kodang. Which is good, I guess.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 8:14am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May bad. I didn't see that it was posted already...Oh well in less than a month I can report Korean news live for 10 days. ;)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 9:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hornyhobo
    lol Canada.
    Yeah, the American authorities have a far better record of preventing presidential assassinations.

Oh, wait...

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 9:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't suppose any of you actually have a grasp of what huge news this is?

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I don't suppose any of you actually have a grasp of what huge news this is?
    Who would miss a chance to grasp huge things?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 9:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the bit that stumps me:

The plot was reportedly uncovered, forcing Choi Jung-hwa to flee to eastern Europe and eventually to North Korea. He returned to Canada in 1991 and was released after serving one year of a six-year jail term, his aide told AP
    How was this not known? Or did I just miss it? Who in the ITF knew about this? I mean, the guy was in jail for a whole year - did they just lie about it? The ITF-C guys have been pretty smug about the ITF-NK and their control by North Korea. I mean, it's good he's trying to make reparations now, I guess (though likely it's only out of self-interest), but if I were an instructor in that organisation and knew nothing of this, I'd be majorly pissed off right now. If your average ITF-C instructor did know, well... blech. A lot of those guys treat Choi Jr like a deity.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are only mentioning two of the three splinter groups of the ITF. The one that they are failing to mention is Serreff's USTF (United State Taekwondo Federation). From my understanding, they sort of distance themselves from both ITF groups. Serreff, I thought, was supposed to take the helm of the ITF organization after Choi's passing, but like anything else, everyone had to grab their piece of the pie.

I'm sure those in the USTF are glad that they split away now.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 10:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the three splinter groups the Canadian group run by Choi, the Vienna group run by Tran Trieu Quan, and the North Korea group run by Chang Un? They're the three all claiming to be the legitimate successor to the original ITF.

Other groups, like USTF, but every country has loads, are more break-away groups, who aren't claiming to BE the ITF.

I guess the North Korean group get mentioned a lot because they're freaking run by North Korea (although they deny having anything to do with the government) and the Vienna group doesn't get much play in topics like this because they don't matter much. The battle is for each of the three groups to grow so much bigger than the other two that they become the ITF by proxy. The NK guys have a chance because they're tied up in the NK government, who have been using them as a tool for diplomacy with the South Korean govt, and getting a lot of mileage out of it. The Choi guys have a chance because they're big and because of who his daddy was, and now Choi is trying to wash his hands of association with North Korea so he can get in good with the South Korean govt and establish ITF-C schools there. From what I've seen (and I really have nothing to do with taekwondo these days, or the ITF, so it's purely from what I've seen from an interested distance), the third group aren't really players of this size.

Anyway, ITF politics = yawn. They'd be better off throwing it all in and joining the WTF, who are probably a billion times bigger than all of them combined. Or, y'know, doing a decent martial art.
    Last edited by retrograde; 9/11/2008 10:57am at .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast