Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh - it added to my injuries but it was boxing that messed up my shoulder and wrists

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dinnerpig
    oh - it added to my injuries but it was boxing that messed up my shoulder and wrists
    this shouldn't be happening, especially if you're young, unless you have genetic-defects, this just sounds like bad coaching.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well...whatever the reasons are i still have to rehab my lame body parts. plus - im not quite a spring chicken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, rehab for sure. With the proper guidance, you can rehab more quickly/effectively. It would be worth some research, Teh el M has some articles he's written/posted on the subject.

I think that doing the 300 3/x week is a terrible idea unless you're in peak-athlete condition. Getting hurt kind of proves your coach was mistaken and I don't like that kind of thing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    granted - i did a modified version. lighter weights and assited pullups (50 lb assistance). i'm a little girl at 5'2 - so i had to trim down the deadlifts to 75 lbs, used 12 inch high boxes for the box jumps, 18 lb kbs...
    i would really like to say that it was my fault for overtraining.
    but yeah...perhaps suggesting the 300 workout was a bit much. it's what he had his fighters doing. i am no fighter - but the plan was to get me there. so much for plans, eh?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you can still get there dude! Just be more deliberate about how you move up in intensity. Choose your workouts carefully and leave the proper recovery-time.

Look at it this way: lots of massage (no reach arounds!) and hot tubbin' and saunas for you. :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks. i'm re-working my workouts to focus on explosive strength. hopefully by the time i'm fully healed i will be able to somewhat keep up in a crossfit class. i stopped by my old school last night and watched a fairly low intensity muay thai class. i wanted to cry because i didnt think my cardio would get me through the class...and because i just wanted to hit somebody. i miss striking soooooooooooooo much.
    but back to your post - i'm deffo going to look into massage and spending actual time in the sauna.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    patience you must have, young one!

Keep your cardio up. Yoga is basically boring as hell if you are a fighter, but that and Peliades can be extremely good for recovery.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    power yoga and bikram yoga are not so bad. i think it also depends on the teacher. if you have some new age hippie airhead taking about prana and chakras...then it can wear on your patience. i prefer someone who doesnt speak with a "breathy" "calming" voice or goes on about reaching christ consciousness or what not. just keep talking in a normal voice - talk talk talk so that i stop thinking about how much i just want to hit somebody. i have a breathy voiced teacher for my power yoga class - but the level of difficulty keeps me focused. if i'm challenged then i dont usually get bored in yoga.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zookrider
    ....I just took my APFT and obliterated all of my previous scores.

Pre Crossfit high scores:

Pushups - 70
    Situps - 68
    2 Mile Run - 14:20

Note - I have been in the Army for 11 years and these were my all time high scores, not all from the same test.

After 2 months of crossfit I took a record APFT on Monday. The results:

Pushups - 77
    Situps - 75
    Run - 13:55

Total Score: 284 points out of 300 (I'm 30)
    I also qualified for the Army Physical Fitness Excellence Badge for the first time in my career. Next time I'm shooting for a perfect 300.
    From your location, I'm guessing that you're either at DLI or NPS? DLI had a pretty active crossfit community when I was there.

Congrats on the Badge, though. Please sew it to all your PTs. Immediately.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last