Our Sponsors:

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253 5455 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 10:40pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been doing some Gi shopping recently and will probably end up getting a Padilla and Sons as well, probably the lightweight in blue. I've heard that they're exceptionally well made and even outlast their heavier gis. On another note there's currently a SCADLOAD of Sirius Gis on ebay that I'm heavily considering, since they seem to be rated about the same as the Padilla and Sons at about the same price point. Problem there is that I think Sirius went out of business in the US so I don't know how any problems with the gis would be handled.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2011 8:28pm

Style: Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    I've been doing some Gi shopping recently and will probably end up getting a Padilla and Sons as well, probably the lightweight in blue. I've heard that they're exceptionally well made and even outlast their heavier gis. On another note there's currently a SCADLOAD of Sirius Gis on ebay that I'm heavily considering, since they seem to be rated about the same as the Padilla and Sons at about the same price point. Problem there is that I think Sirius went out of business in the US so I don't know how any problems with the gis would be handled.
    If you have a question about their gis on ebay you can email them at info@siriusathletic.com. Otherwise, no returns accepted.

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 9:29pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got an Ouono 99 gi about a week ago. Anybody have any reviews or comments on it? If not, I'll be happy to write something short up.

It cost me roughly $125 which included the gi pants as well. I'm 5'8" and 175lbs, and ended up getting the A3 which fit me in the chest but not the arms. After washing it twice on the hot setting, the sleeves actually fit me which meant I didn't have to get they tailored. Thank god...
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 6:15pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey,
    I am planning to buy a blue estilo ladies gi from tatamifightwear and am currently stuck on sizing.

I stand at a whopping *sarcasm* 5'3.5 and weighs in at 115 pounds (52kg). The sizing chart says
    F2: (151cm-162cm) (4ft 11in-5ft 4in) 99- 121pounds (45-55kg)
    F3: (160cm-168cm) (5ft 3in-5ft 6in) 115-143pounds (52kg-65kg)
    ...which one will be more appropriate for me?

Shrinking may also be a factor...does anyoneknow if gis of tatami fightwear shrink? Thanks!

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 9:20pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    Hey,
    I am planning to buy a blue estilo ladies gi from tatamifightwear and am currently stuck on sizing.

I stand at a whopping *sarcasm* 5'3.5 and weighs in at 115 pounds (52kg). The sizing chart says
    F2: (151cm-162cm) (4ft 11in-5ft 4in) 99- 121pounds (45-55kg)
    F3: (160cm-168cm) (5ft 3in-5ft 6in) 115-143pounds (52kg-65kg)
    ...which one will be more appropriate for me?

Shrinking may also be a factor...does anyoneknow if gis of tatami fightwear shrink? Thanks!
    I don't see the word "pre-shrunk" anywhere so it will probably shrink a size. BUT, I would write them and ask if they are pre-shrunk.

If they are pre-shrunk, I'd order the F2. If they are not pre-shrunk, I'd order the F3.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2011 11:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Currently searching

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fushida Comp GS Gi

Has anyone got any comments about the Fushida Comp GS bjj gi? I'm thinking of getting one and am interested in any reviews from peeps that may have got one of these over the xmas period.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 3:05am

Style: mostly BJJ with some Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright stoo,

i have ordered one and it is in the mail as we speak mate.....i will write up a review ASAP.......but bear in mind i have never had a BJJ gi, only Judo ones so take what i say with a pinch of salt :-)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2011 4:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido and Iaijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that this is for gi, but I was wondering what you would suggest for the kimono and hakama needed for Aikido/Iaijutsu. And also, would you recommend tabi boots or just tabi socks and sandals?

Also, for the size matter, I am 5'11" tall and weigh 220 lbs. I am a tad on the larger side. My shirt size is a 42. Can anyone recommend sizes based upon these measurements or do I need to give more detailed measurements?
    Last edited by VeritasVS; 12/29/2011 4:52am at . Reason: Additions

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 3:27am

Style: mostly BJJ with some Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    had a session in the Fushida comp GS gi

it is a fair bit tighter cut than i am used to...but then again i have been used to Judogi, so this comes as no surprise.....

the sizing from the chart on the Fushida site was spot on, i ordered an A3XX, as i am 6' and 245-250 depending on how big a poop i take in the morning.....

the construction of the gi was first rate, with no obvious frayed threads, though this is only after one session so i would be surprised if that was happening.....the detailing is faily low key compared to some other BJJ kimonos, but i like that....

i will likely get another one for my 30th in March, or i might try one of the other Fushida BJJ gis....

also, i would have to say that the delivery was quick...from Canada to CO in a week or so...mighta been less, but i can't remember and a few email Q's i had were answered quickly and accurately...a big plus for me.

would recommend buying a gi from them

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 6:09am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not seen anything about the Phantom Gis, so it seems either no one has one or it's not popular in the US?

Anyway, I would like to give my two cents on my Phantom Gi (on their official site they only have rashguards and pants etc.) which I ordered from Austria.

I have had my blue Phantom for half a year now, washed it after every training (3-4 times a week). I air dried it and never had a problem simply because I washed it when I came back from training and immediately hung it up to dry.

The color is still very little faded and it shows no sign of wear. The collar is still as new. There is no stitching of the jacket on the back so no problem there either.

Only thing I have to mention as far as it comes to negative input: The pants are faaaaar too baggy. Other than that: A great Gi that I got for about 80 Euros (was a promotion, not sure about the price when the promotion stops.)