Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 11:53am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    BTW for all of you Jiu-Jitsu heroes, Fushida is putting out some Jits gi for mid-January. Their judogi is top notch so I have no reason to believe their new BJJ line is anything less.

http://www.fushida.ca/jiu-jitsu-gis-uniforms.php

If someone here needs a new gi perhaps you could check out Christo. Besides, the guy is ultra-nice and very helpful. And of course report back with your impressions.

Myself, I just bought two prestige.v2.
    I just got a Fushida Komdo A2X a few weeks ago. This is the pearl weave heavier BJJ cut gi. This is a very well made gi with an excellent fit on me. I'm 6 ft 1 / 168ish.

I sent Fushida an email with all my measurements for my body, and my old gi as well as a description as to how it fits. They did calculations and put me in a really awesome, well fitting gi. Christo in customer service is great, and competes in grappling tourneys btw so he understands what is needed in a gi.

Gi cost around $160 with international shipping but I feel like I got a custom cut gi. In addition to the perfect fit, it's got a great thick rubberized lapel and all seams are rock solid and taped which makes it more durable plus harder to grip. The pants are rip-stop with excellent reinforcments in the knee area and heavy stitching abounds.

I love it - I admit I haven't owned a ton of gis but I've rolled in kiksin, Century, Pirhana, and Atama gis (there's a guy at my school who's my size and has let me try a couple.) The Fushida is just awesome and value-wise I'd rank it with any I've seen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 12:53am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know if Fushida ships to APO's?

tao.jonez - Do you usually wear A3 in other brands? I'm 5' 9" 170lb and wear A3 for Atama, Sirius, and Fuji. Also, Fushida's site says the gi's are pre-shrunk, but have you noticed any significant shrinking in the sleeves? My Sirius and Fuji gi's fit perfectly until a few washes and now the sleeves are a bit short.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 1:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tough choice between Fushida and Break Point, and potentially Shoyoroll's new batch.

Does anyone own 2 or all of these to give me a comparison?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 3:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo Tum Pai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a longer player (6'4" 180 lbs) looking to purchase my first bjj gi. now by the sizing charts I've seen, i'm an A4. However the sleeve length on the A4 size judogi i'm currently rolling in is a couple inches up from my wrist and it feels huge, like i'm swimming in it.

so my question does anyone know of a company or gi that fits a longer person a little better? and how important is sleeve length when competing? do i need to move up to the A5 range to get the sleeves long enough for competition?

Posted On:
    2/26/2011 8:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just picked up a Kauai Kimonos ripstop gi.
    Astounded at the light weight and how small it folds up.
    Folded, the whole thing is smaller than my other pants.
    Attention to detail appears excellent.
    Skirt is a little shorter and sleeves a little longer than my Atama.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm looking to buy a gi in the next week or so, I don't like ordering online cause I hate waiting for stuff plus I would love to try it on first. I would hate to order one wait for it to ship get it try it on and it does not fit right. Then I have to repack it ship it back etc.. I would love to find a local store here in Austin Texas but I don't think they have any. My school sells them but curently have no big Gis in stock. I really want to train more but not having a Gi I feel like I am missing something.

Sooo I am going to have to order one online, What I need is:

1. The biggest Gi I can find. I am 6,2 or 3, 400 lbs and my stomach is not the issues, it's my shoulders, I am wide so i need a lot of room in the shoulders.

2. I have read that some of the double weaves are real thick and don't breath as well but you want a thicker Gi with a stiff colar making your Gi harder to grip. I have no problem with the weight of a double weave heavier Gi but The breeathability is something I think is required in Texas plus at my school i hear that AC is never ran so heat will be a big factor.

3. I would like real roomy pants. I am already big so mobilty is stiffled so I don't need any other restraints. When I move my legs, fold, scoot, crawl, bend and flex i need the full range of motion my body is capable of doing with out tight pants limiting my movement.

I have seen A6 gis and saw the wieght size is to 300, I'm 400

I saw 1 or 2 sites that have A7 gis but I don't want a gi that is so big that the sleves constanly fall over my hands and it is so baggy that getting choked by it is real easy.

Any info on this would be great, my price rang I want to stick to around $150 if that is even doable

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 12:24pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Be honest, are you Bob Sapp?

2) a thick competition type gi with a thick collar does make your gi harder to grip, but you're new to JJ right? You don't need a super thick foam wrapped gi. Get something light that you can enjoy rolling in. More 99% of your time is spent practicing. Shop for a practice gi.

3) I agree.

Given your size, you would do well to search for a manufacturer that has good customer service and talk to someone. Fushida has astonishingly good customer service. You'll have to wait a bit, but you'll get a great gi and they'll tell you how it will fit.

Look at Judo gi's too, not just Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ones.

You could also try wearing a custom car cover.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 12:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another user told me to try Judo gis, said they fit a lil bigger.

And the reason I want a higher Gi rather than a bare bones practice gi is Money is a issue. When I buy this thing it will and has to last me years cause i can't afford to buy this one so I know I cant afforad to buy a replacment if a cheap one rips or is not good enough for seriouse rolling

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 2:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reekon: You could try Mizuno. Me, my dad and my head coach all wear Mizuno gis. My dad is 5'9" and 98kg but wears the same size Mizuno as me and I'm 6'3" and 85 kg.

The largest Mizuno supreme would probably fit you and they are good investments. They last a few years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2011 6:38pm

Style: BJJ & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm about 6'2" 190lbs. Just ordered a Padilla & Sons Gold Weave in blue. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Also, did Jim Jude ever come back to tell us how he liked his? If not, then dude bro I'm totally calling you out bro.
    Last edited by No.1_Son; 8/24/2011 6:38pm at . Reason: capitolization fail