Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 344041424344 4546474854 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 2:21am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a traditional Judo guy, I refuse to admit black judogis even exist.

If you're so desperate, dye a white one, although it'd be like killing a cow in India as far as I'm concerned.

Srsly, white gi, no shirt underneath, no cups, underwear not required. The good life.

I own two gis. Both white. Blue is the antichrist.

1. Jukado Keiko (http://www.jukado.com/product.php?Ca...EI&CL=JU&DID=0)

(Very) light double-weave. Weak, thin collar, bathrobe Japanese gi. 1 ply toilet paper pants. Rough underneath. No half-sizes. If you're doing Judo in Québec and bought your gi through the club that's much probably what you wear too.

I'm 6' and 179 pounds. I wear a 5, although it needed shrinking.

I like it for training but there is no way in hell I'll be stuck inside it at a competition.

2. Fushida Icon (http://www.fushida.ca/judo_uniform_icon.php)

I've reviewed this one.

Heavy double-weave. Thickest collar I've ever seen short of bathrobe Dax Moskitos. Pants must be triple-weave at the least and reinforced where it counts. Excellent craftsmanship. I've got grown men weeping when they must grapple with me because my gi is so fucking stiff. They keep telling me "your gi must be new it's so stiff" and I've been wearing it for a bunch of months. Very comfortable underneath.

It's so heavy my momma can't even lift it for long.

Despite all the toothing that it's for "elite" competitors, it's like 120$ so don't be scared.

Same stats, 6' and 179 pounds. I wear a normal 4.5, although the owner had recommended a slim cut. I should've listened to him, I gotta draw my pant strings to like, the maximum. Excellent customer service, BTW. Recommended. Heavily. Literally, if you don't wear a Fushida to judo I hate you.

Warning : do NOT wear this for practice unless you like sweating.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMantis View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a good black gi for bujinkan? I started a while ago and shrank my gi too much, looking for a new one and possibly a better quality too. I am using the proforce Gladiator and its tough but I know there's better out there.
    Black judogi for ninja practice...
    No, just no.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 12:32pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just picked up a blue Fuji Gi, as I am getting too fat for my other gis. Fits just about right (maybe a touch too long on the sleeves, but I don't mind too much) after a few minutes in the dryer after the first wash). I got an A3 and I'm 5'6"ish and 172 lbs at the moment. It's a comfy gi. Definitely not a super duper pearl championship edition turbo ultra light weave though.

Also picked up a Brute EXO kneepad for my knee (i had some inflammation which made kneeling on of them not fun). The large fit me just fine. haven't had problems with it sliding off. The picture makes it look a lot more complicated than it really is. Definitely makes drilling and rolling in BJJ a lot easier on my knees.

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate & Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Gi

I think the Ouano gis are pretty basic and fairly weak compared to others.

A new Gi I recently saw was from a company called Sick Gear http://www.sickbrands.com they make a killer thick collar Gi that rivals or surpasses ATAMA in quality and its well priced too. A friend of mine bought one and it looks as good as its designed. The collar is a thicker design to prevent choking and also makes it a bit more hygenic too.

Another guy bought their Sick Gear fight shorts that are also very cool looking. They have spandex panels to enable kicking...but strong and durable.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 2:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bump.
    Just placed an order for my third Sirius gi. This time I'm going with an ultra-light white "Sirius" Sirius gi. My previous two have been the "Samurai" line; one ultra-lite one full weight.

Their gi's are great and their customer service is amazing. It's funny, I'm friends with a Kikskin rep and really, really like Kikskins but still prefer the Sirius line. Kikskins are great and I actually was rolling with one of their prototypes for awhile but for some reason every Kikskin I've had has ended up with shrunk sleeves. Doesn't happen to any of my friends though. Weird. The rep I'm friends with is baffled by it too.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Sick jits Gi looks ugly as hell. Looks like a bunch of bits of gis cut and pasted together. Might be a good gi, but i don't like the two piece look. I have 3 Korals I love. They fit perfect (A2/5'10" 158lbs), but are a bit expensive. I also have a gameness black. It is ok.

I have an Atama A3 from way back in 2001 that is still in great shape excpt for some cuff fraying that happened the first month I had it. Never got any worse, just a loose seam stitch. But since I've dorpped quite a bit of weight, it is like a pervert overcoat now.

I also have a mizuno A3. Super think, ungrippable. Alas, after paying too much money and losing weight, it is now used for display.

Sirius A3, very similar feel to the gameness.

I should be getting my Gorilla Gear (http://www.gorillagear.ca) Gi in today.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got my new GI. I ordered an A2 and it is huge. On their site they list an A2 as 5'10"/185lbs. I am 5'9"/10" and 158-160 and the thing is huge. I almost thought they gave me the wrong gi. I didn't realize the upper limits of their A2 was so high. Their A1 is 5'6"/155lbs which seems like a very bulky person to me. I am shrinking it now (i hope), but they claim to be pre-shrunk.

Right now I am torn, the fabric has a nice feel but it is huge. The A2 korals I have fit perfectly right out of the bag.

The gi has one big patch on the back and a medium size on the leg. It also has the brand name written across the upper arm. The gi top feels very solid. It is a one piece top. The bottoms are quite strange, they are like nothing else I have felt. They are very soft and almost like pajamas. At the same time they feel a bit restrictive just walking around with them. Though to e fair this will probably improve with a bit of shrinkage and waering in. The pants have a rope belt which is very very nice. I was easily able to tighten up the pants. Even out of the bag the Korals and my gamenes were a pain to tighten and my koral drawstrings always come undone.

http://www.gorillagear.ca/index.php?...products_id=23

It arrived in about a week from Canada to the US and they gave me a free t-shirt. I'll update it when/if I can get it to shrink...right now i am a little sad because I was debating this or another Koral or a Venum.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 2:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    I have 3 Korals I love. They fit perfect (A2/5'10" 158lbs), but are a bit expensive.

Would all the patches be easy to remove on your Korals?
    I'm interested in getting one of their classics:
    http://jiujitsuprogear.com/koral-kim...lack-p-57.html

but want to make sure I can remove any of the patches/embroidery/hem edging/leg tape seam ripper style w/o compromising the construction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 5:36am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick post to say that I recommend Black Eagle if you're in the UK (I think they've been mentioned already), got a nice double-weave Judo gi from there for £26.95 (about $44) that includes a free belt, delivered very quickly. They also have BJJ gold weave gi's for £35.99 (about $60).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm considering buying a Sirius Gold Weave Gi (traditional white), but how accurate is there size chart?

I'm usually around 170lb @ 5' 9", which puts me exactly at the cutoff between A2 and A3.

I currently have 2 Gi's that are both A3 but differ drastically in fit. My Atama single weave is a bit lose, but A2 was too small.

My Fuji single weave had pants that were too big (at first) and a jacket that fit perfectly. This changed after some shrinking and now the pants fit perfect but the jacket's sleeves are a bit short.

So how does Sirius compare? Does it shrink significantly or not at all? Does the A3 fit too big or the A2 too small?