Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 6:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I'd start my first post by pointing out that Vie now offers morning classes from 7:15 to 8:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays are run by (purple belt) Max Lima and tend to be more positional sparring/rolling, while Thursdays are run by Eddie and tend to focus on the subtleties of basic techniques (how to really tighten up that armbar, make that sweep work for you, etc). Since the evening classes are now going crazy - blue belts sometimes can't spar in the beginner classes due to there being about thirty people on the mat - they're a great way to pack in some personalised training.

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 8:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If im 18 very weak 5 11 130 pounds and want to start training in mma should i go ahead and do so or hit up the gym before i go get my ass whopped

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:36am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobnewb View Post
    If im 18 very weak 5 11 130 pounds and want to start training in mma should i go ahead and do so or hit up the gym before i go get my ass whopped
    I don't think you've really posted this question in the right place buddy. You'd get more responses putting it in newbietown.

My personal opinion is that if you want to start MMA then do it. It'll make you stronger as you train and you can always add weight lifting /body weight workouts as you progress. A friend of mine keeps on telling me he'll start Muay Thai when he's fit enough but he's too lazy to get fit and so he'll never go.

Don't let physical hurdles stop you. If you think you're too weak, what do you think training striking, wrestling and grappling is going to do for your strength? It can only help right?

Get started as soon as you can.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 2:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing

fiscalite assurance vie

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 11:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jol View Post
    I thought I'd start my first post by pointing out that Vie now offers morning classes from 7:15 to 8:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays are run by (purple belt) Max Lima and tend to be more positional sparring/rolling, while Thursdays are run by Eddie and tend to focus on the subtleties of basic techniques (how to really tighten up that armbar, make that sweep work for you, etc). Since the evening classes are now going crazy - blue belts sometimes can't spar in the beginner classes due to there being about thirty people on the mat - they're a great way to pack in some personalised training.
    So yeah, forget I said this: morning classes have been cancelled because not enough people were turning up, which has effectively cut my training time in half. SAD FACE.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 5:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant to come dude. Every week for the last 2 months, I meant to come... I just couldn't get out of bed :(

Apparently, Jason and a few of the others are still turning up and practicing.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 6:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Oh man, that changes things. I was thinking about going elsewhere - but Vie is properly awesome. The amount of mini-tourneys and BBQs Cesar organises to keep the club together - it really feels like a team, rather than a disparate group of people kicking each others' asses.

Hmm.

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 11:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why did you want to go elsewhere?

Posted On:
    6/10/2009 6:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because Ladbroke Grove does morning lessons and morning lessons are the only way I can sneak in four training sessions a week - my girlfriend gets all sad otherwise. It's all moot this week because of the tube strike and the fact that I've got flu anyway, so I'll make up my mind for good on Monday.

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 6:34am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right I've signed up for the Wednesday Muay Thai class and hopefully, work permitting I'll start the BJJ too. I can't believe this gym is so close and I missed it (face... meet palm), but still, I'm looking forward to getting back into training. Looks like a good gym.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast