Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2008 1:49pm

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    I know. I was diggin' the crazy homeless look too. Made him a little extra badass.
    We called it the "Captian Caveman" look

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2008 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Terrible news..the guy was trying to do a bit of soul-searching, but he should have been a little better prepared. The desert is not a kind place to anyone, no matter what your purpose for being there is.
    RIP
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/09/2008 4:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd just like to say that there is every indication that he had been clean, sober, and in good spirits for the last 2 years. Just because he was coming off 2 back to back losses, I don't think that means he was trying to rid personal demons in the desert. Sounds like he just liked camping in Cali's wilderness. Sadly for him and everyone else he was under-prepared for 118 degree heat and an equipment malfunction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2008 4:51pm

Style: TSD-MDK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can read his blog here:

http://www.spike.com/blog/ufc-fighter-evan/68214

No inferences of suicide:

Tanner spoke about the reason for his trip on his Spike.com blog on August 16:
    It was motivated by my friend Sara's talk of treasure hunting and lost gold, and my own insatiable appetite for adventure and exploration. I began to imagine what might be found in the deep reaches of the untracked desert. It became an obsession of sorts.

Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life.
    After Tanner's August 16 blog posting, some MMA sites were skeptical as to his reasoning for the trip. Tanner replied to them with the following quote in his August 27 blog posting:
    It seems some MMA websites have reported on the story, posting up that I might die out in the desert, or that it might be my greatest opponent yet, etc. Come on guys. It's really common down in southern California to go out to the off road recreation areas in the desert about an hour away from LA and San Diego. So my plan is to go out to the desert, do some camping, ride the motorcycle, and shoot some guns. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. A lot of people do it. This isn't a version of "Into the Wild". I'm not going out into the desert with a pair of shorts and a bowie knife, to try to live off the land. I'm going fully geared up, and I'm planning on having some fun.

I do plan on going back pretty far, so I did mention in one of my posts that I wanted to make sure to have good quality gear. Any failure of gear out in the desert could cause a problem.

RIP . . . .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345