Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Evan Tanner found dead? i hope it's not him...

http://mmamania.com/2008/09/08/evan-...ert-seriously/

Tanner's been missing in the dessert... and they found a body + his bike.

i always liked his attitude, it'd be a shame if he passed away like this. also, it's a shame period for anybody to die like this.

kinda reminds me of that movie where the guy goes to alaska and dies of hunger...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 8:38pm

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap this sucks. Can anyone else confirm that this is a legit story?

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:09pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Afraid so: http://www.themmapost.com/2008/09/ev...y-be-dead.html

Hope it's not him, but I'm not holding my breath =\

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really hope it's not him, but if they found his bike at the campsite with the body... I would have to assume that dehydration was probably a factor in this and I hate to think of anyone going out like that.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:36pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks to be the case:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmajunkie
    Former UFC middleweight champ Evan Tanner dead at 37
    by Dann Stupp on Sep 08, 2008 at 9:04 pm ET
    Evan Tanner, a former UFC middleweight champion and one of MMA's most popular fighters, was found dead in the Palo Verde mountain area of California today.

He was 37 years old.

A friend of Tanner's told MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMo nkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonk eyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkey ScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeySc rotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScro tumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotu mCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv (http://www.MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvM...tumCleaning.tv) that authorities have recovered his body. Kyria McBrayer, who also assisted the popular fighter with his "Team Tanner" fan/sponsorship club, said she received the unfortunate news today.

Calls to the Imperial County Sheriff's Office were not immediately returned, but according to published reports, a campsite, which included Tanner's motorcycle, was recently discovered. A sheriff's deputy found Tanner's body when searching the mountain's Clapp Springs area.

The cause and other details of Tanner's death were not immediately known.

His friends last heard from Tanner this past Wednesday, Sept. 3. A search for Tanner began on Saturday, when temperatures in the area reached nearly 115 degrees, but the efforts initially yielded no results.

The Palo Verde mountain area is located in southern California near the Arizona border.

Tanner (32-8 MMA, 12-5 UFC), a Texas native who won a state high school wrestling title in 1989, turned an MMA professional in 1997 and began his career with a stellar 19-1 record to earn his way into the UFC.

Tanner, who claimed he learned much of the sport from instructional tapes and DVDs, received his first UFC title shot in 2001 but suffered a quick first-round knockout to then-UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz. However, after going 7-1 in his next eight fights and dropping to the middleweight division, Tanner defeated David Terrell for the organization's vacant 185-pound title in February 2005.

His championship reign would be a short one, though; Rich Franklin defeated Tanner in his very next fight.

After the loss, Tanner fought twice more for the organization before taking a nearly two-year break from competition. During the time away, Tanner began work on a charity to provide a home, training and support system for disadvantaged athletes, but he ultimately scrapped the idea soon after the home opened. Also during the break, Tanner authored a popular blog on his official website that discussed everything from his travels to the restoration of a sail boat to his battle with alcohol addiction.

In November 2007, though, Tanner confirmed he had signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC and was returning to competition. Tanner shunned corporate sponsorships and instead implemented Team Tanner, which allowed fans to sponsor him directly. Fans were rewarded with gear, memorabilia and other items depending on the amount paid.

Tanner fought twice after signing the deal. He suffered a knockout loss to Yushin Okami in March, and in his most recent fight, he headlined The Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale against "TUF 3" winner Kendall Grove. Tanner lost a close split decision at the June event, and MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMo nkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonk eyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkey ScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeySc rotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScro tumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotu mCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv was later told he was trying to fight through injuries at the event.

Just prior to that most recent fight, Tanner became a blogger for Spike.com. The popular online journal chronicled all aspects of his life. His final post was dated Sept. 2.

In an Aug. 16 entry, Tanner discussed his plans to camp out in a California desert as a sort of a spiritual journey. Many readers voiced concern that he expected only to bring the bare necessities.

"I've been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature," Tanner wrote. "Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert that any failure of my equipment could cost me my life."

In his final post last week, he talked about training at the Compound MMA camp in Oceanside, Calif., and surfing at the local beach.

We'll have more on this story as information becomes available.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:41pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember hearing that he was going on this trip to find himself and overcome his personal demons. He seemed like such a tortured man, and I think this was a personal quest of sorts to give his life a new meaning. This is so sad if true.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonke...dead-at-37.mma

That's the link. My heart goes out to his family. That's a big loss for everyone. He was more than just a great fighter, he was a smart intelligent, and brutally honest man. The world could use more Evan Tanners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:45pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    http://MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonke...dead-at-37.mma

That's the link. My heart goes out to his family. That's a big loss for everyone. He was more than just a great fighter, he was a smart intelligent, and brutally honest man. The world could use more Evan Tanners.
    Not trying to derail the thread, but what is up with the whole Monkey Scrotum Cleaning link change? I tried to post the same mma junkie link and it converted it to the humorously-named but dead link. Does bullshido not recognize MMA Junkie or something?

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://mmaweekly.com/

It's all on their radio station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    9/08/2008 9:50pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The monkey thing seriously needs to stop. It's pretty annoying to read a sobering story like this and have to filter through all that ****.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast