Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 8:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Nothing yet.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker
    so your saying this guy shouldnt be able to train anywhere. I think that is utter BS.

Coming from a measly public servant Im not surprised. You are making unknown accusations about something you have a hunch on. If that isnt cop behavior IDK what is.
    That is not what I am saying. The fact that the guy is a user is NOT a hunch because I am the one that arrested him, on one occasion out of several that he has been arrested. That would be what I would report the the instructor, the FACT that this guy is an IV drug user. From there the instructor/owner can make the decision to talk to the guy, request he take a blood test, kick him out of school, whatever. So instead of trying to turn this in to a cop hate thread because you have obviously had dealings on the wrong side of the law or otherwise you would not be such a prick, why don't you make some useful appropriate comments or just go away and hang out with some of your junkie friends.

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 5:28am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster

Second, if he was just a drug addict that trains, smokes weed, snorts coke or even heroin, then yeah, that is his business. But when a person starts sticking needles in their veins then it DOES become my business as well as the others that this guy is coming in to contact with.
    Snorting is OK unless you share a straw, rolled up note etc, with a carrier/sufferer you still can get blood contamination foten when snorting and Hep C in particualr is a robust virus and tramsmits easily with blood to blood

And as for the **** about clean needles someone else came out with, bollocks when someone is rattling they will use any old needle to feel bettter, they might tell you they always use a clean one but I would never trust a smackhead to lie straight in bed never mind tell the truth about their usage.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 8:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    Snorting is OK unless you share a straw, rolled up note etc, with a carrier/sufferer you still can get blood contamination foten when snorting and Hep C in particualr is a robust virus and tramsmits easily with blood to blood
    Never thought about that, your probably right.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 9:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All in all I think someone who knows a little to much personal information about someone needs to just mind his business. What if guy doesnt have any diseses and the cop goes into the gym and informs the class. **** do you know how embaressing that would be.

I dont think this was even close to a good topic.

If this guy was doing pot or even coke, I would say it's his problem.

Fact - IV drug users are at a much much higher risk of infectious disease.

Fact - grappling is a risky endeavour in which body contact with sweat and blood occurs.

If this guy wants to do drugs that's his business but once he enters a contact sport it the public's business.

It's not his business it's the people around him business.

If he tells people I am an IV drug user do you want to roll that's one thing

His training partners personal freedom of not putting themselves at risk is more important than this guys right to privacy

If you ever did any grappling and have someone sweat drip in your eye or look down at your white gi and see someone else's blood smeared on it you would have a different opinion.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 12:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have my thoughts on this issue. If you dont want to agree thats fine

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2008 12:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T
    Esp if he not using anymore. Have any of you ever come off that stuff and tried to go back into society and be a normal person. I know quiet a few.

All in all I think someone who knows a little to much personal information about someone needs to just mind his business. What if guy doesnt have any diseses and the cop goes into the gym and informs the class. **** do you know how embaressing that would be.
    He is still using and I would not go in to the class and make a public announcement. IF I said anything it would be either to the guy himself and/or the school owner/instructor and it would be in private. I am not out to ruin this guys life. He is doing well enough on his own. I am trying to keep him from ruining someone elses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 6:36pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a slight derail so forgive me - do most fight organizations do blood testing as part of their pre-event physicals?

If so what all do they test for?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 12:29am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    This is a slight derail so forgive me - do most fight organizations do blood testing as part of their pre-event physicals?

Yes. Even little local MMA venues will have bloodwork done for Hep and HIV. One of the guys I roll with threw a fight as no-contest cuz the other guy's bloodwork did not come back. Kind of sucked because everyone at our school paid to go see him fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 6:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii

To expand on this, does anyone know of or train at a place that maybe even requires a physical/bloodwork before allowing the person to even start training there?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567