Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And just when i thought my car was safe...hehehe

that makes sense...I heard about this woman that shoved her Ford key in a would be attackers eye.
    Is it illegal to carry weapons like the steel baton?
    Sorry for all the questions, still learning!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check your state laws for what's legal--they vary.
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 2:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, its always fairly legal to carry a baseball bat. There are some small ones that they sell for little league kids that are perfect. You can find them at Walmart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 8:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dunno about you guys, but here in Sweden it's alot about who the defending one is.

If for instance I (6" 245lbs) push a fork in a attackers eye, I will be punished severly, while a small woman might get away with it easier, perhaps even without punishment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 7:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep a pistol in your glovebox, if something seems "not right" pull it out and hold it, keeping it out of view. If a person tries something, kill him immediately.

Car attacks, unlike other kinds of attacks, are something that you can prepare for and insure that you have a gun with you.

A.K.A MEAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 8:45am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Simple, tell the jacker you have a kid in the back, there have been 4 incidences reported where the car jacker let the mom and kid go.......I'll see if I can dig them up."

I've also heard nightmare stories about crack heads who don't give a **** and take off with your kid in the back anyways. Those four were lucky. You're probably not going to get a chance to argue your point anyways.

I've discussed this problem with my wife. I've told her that if anyone tries to carjack us with my child in the back and speeding away isn't an option that:

1. I would immediately jump out and attack the carjacker and
    2. She would immediately get in the driver seat and speed away for help.

Chances are that I will be seriously hurt and likely killed if the carjacker is armed. However, my wife and child would probably get away safe and sound. That's a sacrifice I am willing to make. Sitting around passively while a criminal speeds away with my child is something I couldn't live with.

Prevention first, as mentioned earlier, then having a plan is a good idea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea...i dont know about having a gun in the car. There are too many things that could go wrong there. Maybe if you didnt have kids it would be an option.
    Strats, i commend you...you are a good man. But, what if you were not there?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12