Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am currently in Krav Maga and have asked this question to my instructors and i still cant get a solid answer. So what do you all think?
    What would you do in a car jacking scenerio? How about a carjacking scenerio with your kid in the back seat?
    I know it is better to just do what they ask but what if they want you to drive, meanwhile your kid is in the back?
    Any suggestions?
  2. Michael

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 5:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple, tell the jacker you have a kid in the back, there have been 4 incidences reported where the car jacker let the mom and kid go.......I'll see if I can dig them up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 5:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Michael!

What if you are by yourself?

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get out of the car and let him have it. thats what insurance is for. If the guy is nuts enough to rip someone out of a car he's crazy enough to do other things.

"The only "ancient" art that's worth a damn is Wrestling.
    Pretty much everything else that is called "ancient" is just masturbation without touching your genitals." -Phrost
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My coworker was assaulted 2am saturday morning. She got out of her car at her apartment and some guy came up to her and put up a knife against her through and told her to get in the car, she said "F*ck you" and walked off, the guy was completely dumb founded, all he wanted was her purse, and he was just using the threat of assualt as a threat. Luckily for her the cops were making their rounds and caught the guy. I told her what she did was stupid because the guy had a knife and that she's lucky that the guy didn't know what he was doing. So I guess the moral of that story is to read your attacker, and if you feel the person is gonna take your life start fighting like a mad person.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best thing is to stay aware.

Aside from that, stomp on the gas if the car is running. I'm also a coward. Having been followed to my car once, and had a freaky experience at a gas station at night--I now keep a 9 inch hunting knife next to the seat and an expandable steel baton shoved into gap between the side of the passenger seat and the parking brake...I have no kids to worry about, and both items are black against a dark navy blue interior making them very hard to spot by the casual eye.

If they just want the car, that's what insurance is for, but if they want me with it, it's not without a screaming fight!

Some of my friends keep those 15 inch c-cell maglites next to their seats. That might be an option if you have kids.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehehe, yea, if they want my car then they have problems...considering i drive an 89 hyandai...
    so im assuming ill have to fight them cuz they want to hurt me.
    The mag light is a good idea though. Maybe a kubaton would be beneficial to have onhand too?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a maglite filled with batteries packs a pretty decent punch, and the c-cells are small enough for most women to get a solid grip on.

To use a kubaton, it would have to be really close range. I'd much rather have a small folding knife. Keys might be just as effective as a kubotan.

I don't know if the make/model of car matters too much! A friend of mine got his car stolen between a bmw and a jag--it was his grandma's apple green gremlin. He was fit to be tied!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gremlin vs. Jag...well the reliability is about the same.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 6:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    of course you could always get those 6ft flames that shoot out from underneath your car like they have in South Africa.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast