Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    I've seen instructional vids that call that the "Bermuda Triangle." Can someone smarter than me make a poll so we can decide what the triangles are all called?

... I thought The Bermuda is suppose to be a no-arm triangle in which you use your own arm grabbing your opponents lapel ratailed over his shoulder...
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    Wrong-Side Triangle

Bingo, that's the one. I usually call it the reverse triangle, but most people understand "Backwards Triangle" better... I guess wrong-sided is good too.

anyway I was going to do a breakdown of my favorite set-up today, but my girl's camera isn't working. Her niece is going to bring one over tomorrow, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out the basic jist of it regardless. Just use the glover finish over that triangle. Here's a pic:

Last edited by M-Tri; 9/26/2008 5:07pm at .
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 8:07am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm... I have heard the 'backwards triangle' with the Glover finish you are describing called the 'bolt-cutter' before. I think it is a 10th Planet name for it... time to go dig through some vids.

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey
    Hmmm... I have heard the 'backwards triangle' with the Glover finish you are describing called the 'bolt-cutter' before. I think it is a 10th Planet name for it... time to go dig through some vids.
    no it is not the BOLT lock. It is the backwards triangle with the glover finish; completely different move:

100% choke - 0% neck crank.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 1:06pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm...

Alrighty. I must be misunderstanding something then. I will give it a shot in class and see how it goes.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 1:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I go for the wrong side triangle, I always just swing my head to the leg and turn it to an omo-sweep. I rarely finish with the wrong side, but then again I rarely finish with any triangle. I like t3h 4rmb4rz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 1:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey
    Hmmm...

Alrighty. I must be misunderstanding something then. I will give it a shot in class and see how it goes.
    the most obvious difference between the BOLT lock and the Glover Finish is that in the BOLT lock you only wrap over one knee and the head, and you use it to crank the head to you. here's a video for reference:

YouTube - BOLT Lock (aka Bermuda Triangle)

with the glover finish you go over both knees and squeeze your knees together causing the shoulder to push into the neck on one side and the leg to push into the neck on the other side creating a very strong strangulation (blood choke).

maybe I'll put up another technique thread with those pics after all. this way there's no confusion.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 1:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After seeing that video, you must have gorilla arms to get that finish with the wrong side. How the **** are you reaching your own hands and not tapping them before your fingers even touch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 2:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    After seeing that video, you must have gorilla arms to get that finish with the wrong side. How the **** are you reaching your own hands and not tapping them before your fingers even touch?
    you have to kind of ball up. You don't try to reach up with your back on the ground, that's impossible. Though yes, this is definitely difficult for stocky players to use (especially against another stocky player).

edit- we're getting kind of off-topic. lets try to throw this thread back on track. I'll make another one for the technique we were just discussing with pics.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 9/29/2008 2:52pm at .

facebook.com/ABMMA

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2008 7:10pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The difference between the BOLT lock and Glover's finish is that Ari makes me want to stab myself in the face.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast