Posted On:
    9/12/2008 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    You need to be shot...

If you want the techniques rated you should seperate them.

Your defense rating gets an 8 it'll take awhile for beginners to get these mechanics down. The flying triangle, amongst other flying techniques get a 4. Novel but not too effective. Definitely some bragging rights when you pop it on and fun to do. Not for everybody though and too complicated to put in your main arsenal as a go to maneuver.

I actually didn't put the video together a friend of mine did. I wanted it to be just the defense, and I actually didn't even want to post that particular triangle at all yet. I have another one that is similar, but unlike this one I hit it all the time with ease.

I sent the kid who did the video for me a messege, and the flying tri I actually wanted to put up should be coming soon.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 12:00pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I meant Coffee Fan needs to be shot. The video was fine.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 12:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I figured. I also wonder whether or not the length of my torso versus my limbs has something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 2:40pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting, I'm forwarding that vid to my coach to see what he thinks. It looks like a nice slick trick.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 5:04pm

Style: BJJ (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, what if he switches to an omaplata?

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I played with the leg lock. The hardest part for me was jumping over the legs to trap the footlock. When I would go for it the person on bottom would adjust his foot to block it. ?The only way I could get it was to plant my head/shoulder DEEP into his leg, turn my body to the side so I have enough room for the jump.

Cool move, probably not going to be my go to triangle defense.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 7:38am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worse then that, most of my training partners did not have the flexibility to safely drill this technique. I'm afraid that if I actually tried to develop this technique in sparing that I would be hurting far too many of my training partners. I have to hop to get that foot, and that means I can't not control the force until I'm back on the ground. They are taping long before that happens.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of curiousity did any of you try practicing this a few times on a compliant partner first... before trying to pull it off during rolling?

Yes, live training is important to be able to use it, but you have to get the basic movement down first. If you're having trouble getting over the leg then try turning his hips over more for a better angle. If he "lifts his foot to block" then he's only weakening his triangle in an attempt to counter a move he KNOWS you're trying to practice. when he does that bring your knee up and press it down on his thigh instead to break his triangle completely.

and please try this with a cooperative partner first. There is very few techniques that you'll be able to watch online then pull off in a match on your first shot.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 3:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    Worse then that, most of my training partners did not have the flexibility to safely drill this technique. I'm afraid that if I actually tried to develop this technique in sparing that I would be hurting far too many of my training partners. I have to hop to get that foot, and that means I can't not control the force until I'm back on the ground. They are taping long before that happens.
    that's unfortunate, and unusual... try falling with your hips back further and see if that makes a difference. the submission copmes when I push my hips in, but I start off with them back to avoid injuring my opponent, and to better keep my balance.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri
    Just out of curiousity did any of you try practicing this a few times on a compliant partner first... before trying to pull it off during rolling?

Yes, live training is important to be able to use it, but you have to get the basic movement down first. If you're having trouble getting over the leg then try turning his hips over more for a better angle. If he "lifts his foot to block" then he's only weakening his triangle in an attempt to counter a move he KNOWS you're trying to practice. when he does that bring your knee up and press it down on his thigh instead to break his triangle completely.

and please try this with a cooperative partner first. There is very few techniques that you'll be able to watch online then pull off in a match on your first shot.
    It wasn't free rolling, he just keept on lifting his leg whle I was trying the move. I'll give it another go tonight and see if I can make it work
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast