Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 12:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KSW/kung fu/JKD/ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

kuk sool

i am a kuk sool practitioner feel free to ask and compare styles with me. i say bring it on:thefinger

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 7:39am

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kuk sool won student pledge:
    1. As a member of the World Kuk Sool Association, I pledge to obey the rules of the association and to conduct myself in accordance with the true spirit of martial art.
    2. I pledge to be loyal to my country and to promote the development of a better society.
    3. I pledge to work together with all classes of people without regard to politics’, race or religion.
    4. I pledge to promote international goodwill and strive for world peace through the practice of martial arts.
    Did you seriously agree to all that? World peace through martial arts?! Sounds like an oxymoron....

Also:
    I've seen those big fans you guys use. How much do they weigh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 7:48am

Style: Japanese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Against my better judgment I'll take a bite from the kimchi.

You wish to discuss the Korean martial art that you study but have chosen a distinctly Japanese martial art term for your user name.
    :tellme:

Are we a little culturally confused?

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 9:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by J samurai
    i am a kuk sool practitioner feel free to ask and compare styles with me. i say bring it on:thefinger

Ok, could you point to one person competing in full contact fight sports who claims KSW as their style? Do you really believe training primarily in low percentage, single point of contact throws in a compliant manner is preparing you to defend yourself? Could you link us to some videos of KSW full contact sparring?

I won't even start on the uniforms and fans.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 9:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Garry Goodrige doesn't count he was paid to wear the uniform

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 11:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KSW/kung fu/JKD/ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well kuk sool is a combination of hapkido and tae kwon do. the use of joint locks and pressure points is neccisary. its really technical. i take it mostly for conditioning and throwing. ive taken ninjutsu to fill in hand to hand fighting, kung fu for internal energy and control, and Jeet kune do to tie it in together. i attend the school in brownsville texas which is rated as the seventh best in the U.S.
    now to answer u guys specifically.

first off i have never heard of a kuk sool pledge i live to close to mexico. but peace through martial arts is possible. fighting is for gangsters martial arts is for self defence. picture if everyone new a martial art how many more people wouldnt want to fight, be killed in robberys or be beaten by family

i selected my name because the samurai is the best with a sword i chose not to place kenjutsu and kendo under the arts taken because the are for weapons not hand to hand. i dont have my cultures confused im just well rounded

there are no full contact fighters because traditional kuk sool won is mostly counter offensive. we use pressure point, throws, and joint locks to defend ourselves. please specify which uniforms we have two and a third at tenth degree

the fans are a martial arts royal court weapon when used for real the edges of the fan are sharpened and pointed at the tip(theyn are made of metal) almost like a set of knive connected at the base

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 12:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Describe the sparring at your school. Specifically address frequency, duration, type of contact, limitations etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 3:03pm

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the fans are a martial arts royal court weapon when used for real the edges of the fan are sharpened and pointed at the tip(theyn are made of metal) almost like a set of knive connected at the base
    Yeah yeah, great and all that, but how much do they usually weigh?

i selected my name because the samurai is the best with a sword i chose not to place kenjutsu and kendo under the arts taken because the are for weapons not hand to hand. i dont have my cultures confused im just well rounded
    Has never been proved... Samurai didn't often fight against other nationalities with weapons.... I'd like to see a samurai fight a huskarl or a german knight in full armor and a zweihander.

i attend the school in brownsville texas which is rated as the seventh best in the U.S.
    Who say so?

first off i have never heard of a kuk sool pledge i live to close to mexico. but peace through martial arts is possible. fighting is for gangsters martial arts is for self defence. picture if everyone new a martial art how many more people wouldnt want to fight, be killed in robberys or be beaten by family
    Fighting for gangsters? Samurais often fought because of their idiotic honor, musketeers did, in Thailand many small children do muay thai to support their families ( and the training is so hard that some get crippled...Or so the politically correct newspapers say), Mas Oyama fought to prove his karate, kung fu people, respectable kung fu people used to spar full contact ( or so people say) to prove themselves. Wow, you just insulted samurai, musketeers ( who in my mind were idiots anyways...Under king Charles anyways), children in Thailand working their butts off to help their poor families, the founder of KK karate AND kung fu masters who I'd expect you respect . Nice one
    Also, if everybody knew a martial art, most of them would know tai chi, form only, so it wouldn't mean much.
    Last edited by Fodland; 9/06/2008 3:07pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 4:11pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well kuk sool is a combination of hapkido and tae kwon do. the use of joint locks and pressure points is neccisary. its really technical. i take it mostly for conditioning and throwing. ive taken ninjutsu to fill in hand to hand fighting, kung fu for internal energy and control, and Jeet kune do to tie it in together. i attend the school in brownsville texas which is rated as the seventh best in the U.S.
    What's the name of your school?

And just out of curiosity, how old are you?
    Last edited by MastaFighta; 9/06/2008 4:20pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 6:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You art is completely fabricated & backed up by a completely bullshit history. Your organization misuses elements of Korean culture to enforce a cult-like sense of loyalty to your founder that is completely out of place in actual pre-Occupation martial arts. Your art abuses my religion to give it a sense of psuedomysticism.

Did I miss anything?
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast