霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 1:42pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by True Bando View Post
    Hello gentlemen,

I found this thread and have to say it's quite interesting !

I wanted to let you all know that Mr. Cumpson is fighting in an MMA tournament in Ohio next weekend. I am involved with the tournament and found this while researching the fighters. There was some talk of exaggerations so I wanted to check it out.

If he has exaggerated any of his skills, he is going to be in quite a bit of trouble against his opponent. His opponent is an amateur with a 2-1 record, a talented, well rounded fighter with an extensive amateur background in other styles.

I will be putting this fight on Youtube. The level of destruction should verify his level of preparedness and experience. If he comes out like he's in UFC 1, it would be safe to say you all are correct.

There are certainly alot of inconsistencies with the information and responses by him. I am looking forward to the fight even more. If you want to see the fight card google NFC Caged On Campus Dec 3.

Thought I would resurrect an old and interesting thread with my first post.
    That right there says a lot. Claims a Pro 4-2 record but is fighting as an amateur. What gym does he claim he's representing?
    安氏八极拳学生

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 1:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/BB.../Arnaud-Young/

To back up Ronin.74, it is listed as an amateur fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 8:12pm

Style: Kali, Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True Bando.

What tournament? There might be people from my school attending. I can ask my my Guro to watch the fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 8:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The link I posted has the name and date of the fight. So does his post.
    NFC Caged On Campus Dec 3.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 9:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lumpinee stadium is the big leagues of MT in Thailand. There are only a few trainers/promoters in Thailand that are allowed to send fighters to Lumpinee from very recognizable camps. If Cumpson had actually ever fought there, it would be under invitation or promotion from one of these camps or trainers. The most internationally known camp would be Fairtex (Sam Sheridan fought in Lumpinee under Anthony Lin's promotion), however any farang that fought from 2000- onward would have some record from one of the big eleven (there are ONLY eleven allowed to send fighters to Lumpinee). Silasot is not one of the big eleven, I've never heard that name before and if he is allowed to send fighters, especially farang, to Lumpinee, you'd be able to find information on his camp.

The only farang to fight uber successfully in Lumpinee are big wigs that everyone has heard of. Rob Kaman, Ramon Dekkers, Ivan Hippolyte, and Danny Bill are the some of the only successful farang Lumpinee champs. If you're in a category with those guys, then someone would have heard of you no matter what style you follow.

Claiming that you've fought in Lumpinee is like claiming to have played in a MLB world series in the world of Muay Thai. and claiming a middleweight tourney title in K-1 is even more dubious. K-1 is a japanese organization that is arguably the most popular and followed sporting event in Japan. There are records of the 2001 Grand Prix in Osaka everywhere, and neither Cumpson nor Haar-whatever is listed anywhere on any record. K-1 even as records of its amateur and junior events on its website, and records of all of its fighters in Alphabetical order, professional and non-professional alike. If he had competed at any time all the way back to '93, there would be a record of him on the website. Its a huge international organization.

Total BS.
    Last edited by miraclemty; 11/27/2011 9:13pm at . Reason: Cumpson name misspelling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 1:24am

Style: Combatives, SAMBO,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dweidman View Post
    Hi Kamauchi -

I will be checking his navy claim on monday. He would have been in the service VERY shortly if he was in. I am sure they keep records of wrestling champions.

-Daniel
    You might not find anything about fights in his navy records. We had combative competitions quite frequently and they weren't on a national scale, more "informal", base-wide tournaments and so on when I was in the service. the only proof I have of combatives tournaments are some photographs and my certifications as a qualified instructor. Wouldn't expect to find much information on his wrestling claims

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 7:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i met richard recently here in ohio he is quite a smoke and mirrors guy
    1.he claims to have been a navy seal who had a "other than honorable discharge" after leaving base for family illness without permission.. so if that helps the were did he serve question..
    2. he is fighting in ohio for NFC productions dec 3rd against a excellent wrestler he is training at Buckeye mma columbus ohio..
    3. claims to be good friends with rich franklin and visited him so if anyone can talk to rich about that
    4.buckeye mma was talking about hiring him as a muay thai coach..
    he is now 31 years old according to NFC's fight card..
    5.i can tell you Ohio's athletic comission requires that you have 5 amatuer fights before they give you pro status was how i was told even with a pro fight record from another state

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2011 10:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is of course a possibility that the guy could do good in his fight and be moderately good at MMA and still be lying about his credentials. Becoming good at MMA after all of the said achievements/accolades.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/03/2011 8:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would recommend that Buckeye MMA check this guy out before they do anything. As a matter of fact I know the owner of Buckeye MMA personally and have been brought into their gym in the past to observe guest "instructors" of Muay Thai to evaluate if they were legit or not. I will have to contact him and let him know this guy is being investigated.
    安氏八极拳学生

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/03/2011 11:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so I've spoken with the owner of Buckeye MMA. Richard trained there for about 2 weeks and then never showed up again. He did roll his ankle while training and didn't return. As of a couple of days ago Richard informed the NFC by text that he was injured and would not be fighting.

The NFC contacted Buckeye MMA askin about Richard's where abouts and was told that he had only trained there for 2 weeks, was not a member of their team and since it was not Buckeye MMA that had arranged the fight, it was not their responsibility.

Buckeye MMA quantified his skills as somewhat knowledgeable of wrestling, but not by any means an excellent wrestler. The owner said, and I quote, "I have several amateurs that would run through him". All talk of hiring him at Buckeye MMA as a Muay Thai coach was on Richard's side. The owner of Buckeye was never considering hiring him in any way as a coach, but he is welcome to come back and sign up as paying member of the gym. When he came in to Buckeye making his claims the coach checked him out and has already come across this thread. The owner said he seemed like a nice humble guy and had some basic skills.

Regarding pro status in the state of Ohio. If you have a documented pro record outside of Ohio you can fight as a pro in Ohio. They use Mixedmartialarts.com as a database, if your in there as a pro you can fight as a pro.

As far as being good friends with Rich Franklin,i've already got a message out to one of Rich's striking coaches inquiring about Richard Cumpson, i'm fairly sure it will come back negative, just like everything else has.
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast