Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 1:16am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daniel, can you please ask why he uses, or appears to use, two different surnames.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 5:32am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zookrider
    Even if he won a base wrestling competition, to call himself a "military wrestling champ" is stretching it when you consider that the military has wrestlers that compete in the olympics. Furthermore, I've never even heard of a military base having a basewide wrestling(folkstyle) tourney. MACP and MCMAP tourneys sure, but wrestling outside of the military wrestling teams, that would be a first for me.
    Actually there are base wrestling tournaments. I've mainly seen them overseas but CONUS bases do it too. I won some "championships" while in USAREUR and competed in the Armed Forces Europe wrestling championship. Still to list this as an accomplishment or "military wrestlng champ" is a stretch because he could have faced a bunch of guys who just didn't have anything else to do that weekend and decided to join the tournament. I've seen that happen quite a bit. Unless it was one of the big teams, like the All Army Wrestling team, then its not saying much.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 6:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. I have to locate Nakano, sensei's number. She doesnt teach at a traditional dojo, her classes are taught at her families estate in Shibuya. I'm contacting other students of hers to get her number, if not at least her or her sons email.
    NAKANO is a pretty common name and he's obviously not talking about Hachiro Nakano of Eishin Ryu Iaido, but we could try contacting Hachiro and asking about a possible realative or anyone else named Nakano teaching the style in Shibuya.

4. The Military wrestling tournament was held at NATTC Pensacola as a base competition since thats where all branches go through tech training. I was in the Navy.
    See above.

6. The Full contact tournament was held in Miami, the tournament was called the "Budo Invitational"
    I've never heard of the "Budo Invitational." I haven't been home in awhile but if you get year this supposedly happen I will make some calls. I still have many friends in the MA scene there and a full contact tournament wouldn't go unnoticed.

7. I have Muay Thai fights in Japan, Ireland, Spain,Germany and Thailand. I'm in the process of trying to find tape of them.
    I need the years he fought in Germany and where. If it was a pro fight there will definitely be a record of him. If it was amatuer then it will be harder but there should be a fight card for the event.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 9:58am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dweidman
    1. I have to locate Nakano, sensei's number. She doesnt teach at a traditional dojo, her classes are taught at her families estate in Shibuya. I'm contacting other students of hers to get her number, if not at least her or her sons email.
    While I'm pretty sure this is BS, I'd like to check out the dojo, myself. I live in Tokyo and Shibuya isn't that far from me. I just need an address.

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 9:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

richard info

I wanted to clear some things up for all of you I personally knew richard in 1999 he graduated from el segundo high school that year his real name is richard haaker. He is the age that he says he is. He was always into martial arts but as far as all of his claims I couldn't tell you after he graduated we lost touch he may have done some but I'm betting having known him that most are either an embellishment or just to make him look good he has always been a talker and quite a good one. I hope that I have helped you in your investigation

caligirl:bssign:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 5:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
    I wanted to clear some things up for all of you I personally knew richard in 1999 he graduated from el segundo high school that year his real name is richard haaker. He is the age that he says he is. He was always into martial arts but as far as all of his claims I couldn't tell you after he graduated we lost touch he may have done some but I'm betting having known him that most are either an embellishment or just to make him look good he has always been a talker and quite a good one. I hope that I have helped you in your investigation

caligirl:bssign:
    To be honest, it doesn't help a great deal because the name Haaker had already been discovered. If you're willing to say how you came across this thread and expand on what you mean by him being "quite a good talker" that may steer things in a productive direction, assuming anyone is still involved after two years of dormancy.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bare knuckle matches in Thailand are kept at the border. It's for when Thailand and Burma fight once a year. I'm pretty sure the only bare knuckle stuff in Lumpini is when they do tak-sa (choreographed muay boran'ish fights).

Also what K-1 MAX event (middle weight tourney) has he competed in? They're all documented. Holland, France, Australia, Turkey, Greece, Korea, etc... and the the final held in Japan. He's never won a legit national or international K-1 event because guess what...

HE CLAIMS HE WAS A K-1 MAX RUNNER UP IN 2000 BUT THE MIDDLE WEIGHT TOURNAMENT ONLY TOOK PLACE IN 2002.

So yeah... Also; http://worldmuaythai.org/fighter-ranking

There's no light-middle weight category in the WMTA.

Also this "
    1 Time National Full Contact Champion 1998" is too vague to mean ****. If it is legit it was probably some point sparring krotty bull ****.

Sorry this is so late but come on guys, what's wrong with you?

EDIT: Yes I do know that there are occasional bare knuckle matches held, especially when farang are fighting but it's usually some shitty bar with an under sized hosting a fight like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squerilli is correct: bareknuckle fights do happen in Thailand, but certainly not at the larger stadiums, and most definitely not at Lumpinee. Certainly such a high profile fight (a farang at Lumpinee) in the early 2000s would have resulted in at least a few photographs, right? Digital cameras were pretty ubiquitous even then.

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 4:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello gentlemen,

I found this thread and have to say it's quite interesting !

I wanted to let you all know that Mr. Cumpson is fighting in an MMA tournament in Ohio next weekend. I am involved with the tournament and found this while researching the fighters. There was some talk of exaggerations so I wanted to check it out.

If he has exaggerated any of his skills, he is going to be in quite a bit of trouble against his opponent. His opponent is an amateur with a 2-1 record, a talented, well rounded fighter with an extensive amateur background in other styles.

I will be putting this fight on Youtube. The level of destruction should verify his level of preparedness and experience. If he comes out like he's in UFC 1, it would be safe to say you all are correct.

There are certainly alot of inconsistencies with the information and responses by him. I am looking forward to the fight even more. If you want to see the fight card google NFC Caged On Campus Dec 3.

Thought I would resurrect an old and interesting thread with my first post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2011 8:25pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [/QUOTE]I will be putting this fight on Youtube. The level of destruction should verify his level of preparedness and experience. If he comes out like he's in UFC 1, it would be safe to say you all are correct. [/QUOTE]

Please don't forget to post a link here so that we can all enjoy! If the man shows.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast