Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 3:41pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok guys, this needs more work but I believe that this fellow (Richard Cumpson) also uses the name "Richard Haaker". I don't know which is his real name. Using the 'Haaker' name I found this

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Ra...8/geobook.html

shihan Richard Haaker - 07/07/00 01:26:07
    My URL:http://www.kogahailungryu.homestead.com/ninja.html
    My Email:kogaryu58@homestead.com
    Martial Art(if any): koga ryu ninjitsu,muay thai,kendo
    Comments:
    I'm a 5th degree black belt in koga ryu ninjitsu. I am in the southern california area and my students and I are looking for other ninjitsu schools to work out with. I have tried frank dux and other students of dux ryu, but his arrogance is unacceptable I was trained in the Phillipines under master Takita. I am simply looking for another quality and traditional school like my own. Please e-mail me or call me at 310 910 3377 ask for richard. thank you.

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 3:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does go by that last name also. What he told me was he had changed his last name in high school for some reason but that is the other last name he goes by

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 5:12pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    Daniel, can you please ask Mr. Cumpson why he lists his age as 27 when it's in fact 47?
    Sure. Where did you get the age of 47 from? He is pretty consistent with a 27 year old background.

Thanks,

-Daniel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamauchi
    Hey Daniel. I would definitely question this guy. He showed up at my husband's dojo about 4 months ago claiming the same qualifications. However, most of his stories were inconsistent and we eventually kicked him out of the dojo for trying to teach his crap to our students. Just as a side note, he claimed to have a fight record but our white and yellow belt students were kicking his ass. I would think being a black belt he would be way more skilled than that. Let me know if you want more information on our experience with him.
    Hi Kamauchi -

Would love to get more information on your experience with him. If you are uncomfortable posting it here - feel free to send it to me privately.

daniel (at) hissatsudojo com

I spent the morning looking up as much as I could. Which means zero.

ok - google fu reveals the following:
    • No mention of "Swift Foot Academy" in Florida or anywhere else in the world.
    • No mention of "Budo Invitational" anywhere on the web.
    • No mention of "Karl Lunbrax" anywhere on the web.
    • Udon Thani is an 8 hour plus drive from Bangkok (google maps link here).
    I will be checking his navy claim on monday. He would have been in the service VERY shortly if he was in. I am sure they keep records of wrestling champions.

-Daniel
    Last edited by dweidman; 9/06/2008 5:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by faybio
    I don't believe Sherdog keeps track of K-1, just MMA orgs. Nonetheless, great job so far presenting info. Cumpson has made many claims that are likely dubious.
    Actually - they track some K1 fights -

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder.p...nization_id=29

In 2000 - they had the K1 Grand Prix winner Shamrock over Sinosic.

However - both "Lunbrax" and "Cumpson" are not found at all.

-Daniel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can someone who is in Muay Thai check to see if Lumpinee allows bare-knuckle fights?

The Rules in English state there must be gloves.

Thanks,

-Daniel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 7:14pm

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This may not be very useful, sorry, but I know that there is a K-1 sponsored AMATEUR event they do every year that has life 5 weight classes... ie not just the 72 kg "k1 MAX" and the heavyweight k1 everyone knows. The reulsts are not likely to hit the internet, it is considered a small event and mostly for college age students, like the shootboxing national amateur event every year. Thus, it is possible he did this, and it would not show up on internet. At same time, it is a small AMATEUR event which would question other aspects of what he is claiming....

To check on any bare knuckle at Lumpinee (being Thai, I have seen MANY spellings of this stadium by the way) you could go to mixedmartialarts.com to their kickboxing section and look for "PISAND" who would likely be able to verify.....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 2:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dweidman
    Actually - they track some K1 fights -

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder.p...nization_id=29

In 2000 - they had the K1 Grand Prix winner Shamrock over Sinosic.

However - both "Lunbrax" and "Cumpson" are not found at all.

-Daniel
    No, they don't. They track MMA fights, not kickboxing fights. K-1 holds MMA fights, and given that Shamrock vs Sinosic is listed on their MMA records, it was an MMA fight. To nitpick further, Shamrock did not win that event, just his fight, and does not seem to have fought in the tournament itself. Cumpson appears to be claiming kickboxing bouts in K-1, which are not listed on Sherdog. Also, him not appearing on the K-1 site is probably expected, I don't think their site is that complete. That said, him not appearing on Sherdog might be odd given that he claims a 4-2 pro mma record.
    Last edited by List; 9/07/2008 2:51am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 3:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by List
    No, they don't. They track MMA fights, not kickboxing fights. K-1 holds MMA fights
    Fair enough. The only reason I posted the above is K1 is actually one of their *categories*.

Cumpson doesn't specify if his K1 fight was a Kickboxing fight or a MMA fight.

Quote Originally Posted by List
    That said, him not appearing on Sherdog might be odd given that he claims a 4-2 pro mma record.
    Yep.

Not conclusive - just indicative.

Is there a better site for checking Kickboxing results that I can check?

-Daniel

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 2:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Daniel,

I sent an email today about my experience with Richard. I put his name in the subject so you'd know it was from me. I wanted to let you know just in case it goes to junk mail.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast