• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/05/2008 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is not on list of fighters on K1s site.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/05/2008 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dweidman
    As to the Koto Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu - he claims it is taught at Chiba University in Japan (any bullies in Japan who can verify this?) - within 2 miles of Hatsumi Sensei's classes ???
    -Daniel
    I am no Ninjer nor in Japan , but I tell you right now , I seriously doubt Hatsumi or his guys/gals would go for that without some sort of whining , bitching , lawsuits , or mention of it online on their website or forums .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2008 4:00pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would assume that Chiba University has an online course catalog, just like most other universities. Should be easy enough to check out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2008 4:02pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There is NO mention of Richard Cumpson on Sherdog (wouldn't he be listed if he was fighting in K1???)
    I don't believe Sherdog keeps track of K-1, just MMA orgs. Nonetheless, great job so far presenting info. Cumpson has made many claims that are likely dubious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 12:52pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the email I sent him on the 3rd:

=====
    HI Richard -

We met last night after your class. I am still trying to track down some more information and thought perhaps you could help me.

1. Do you have contact information for Nakano Sensei to verify your Black Belt and Instructor Cert in Eishin Ryu Iaido (even just a school name or number would be helpful).
    2. Do you have contact information for Master Silasot to verify your Instructor Certification for KrabiKraBong / Muay Thai (again, school name or number would be helpful).
    3. Who did you fight and lose to - to become runner up at the K1 Championships in 2000? Your name doesn't appear in any fighting records for K1 that I can find (just your last name - Cumpson).
    4. What branch of the Military were you enlisted in (1999) to become Wrestling Champion in Welterweight?
    5. What state were you 4 time Kendo champion in? What age / division were you competing at?
    6. What organization and fight did you win to become national full contact champion (1998)?
    7. Where did you fight professionally for Muay Thai?
    8. Where is Lupinee? I can't seem to find any information about this contest at all.
    9. What gym did you box for to get an amature boxing record of 6-4?
    10. Do you have contact information for Master Han (I can't seem to find information for him either - outside of canada - unless you studied with him there?)

Thanks,

-Daniel
    =====

No response yet.
    I received a reply today - here is what he wrote back:

=====
    Daniel,
    Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner havent had a chance to check emails in a few days. I'm currently going through alot of boxes as we speak. Unfortunatly moving so many times from place to place country to country, I have alot of storage with boxes that aren't labeled. But as afr as your questions heres what I can tell you as of now.

1. I have to locate Nakano, sensei's number. She doesnt teach at a traditional dojo, her classes are taught at her families estate in Shibuya. I'm contacting other students of hers to get her number, if not at least her or her sons email.
    2. Master Silasot's Gym is in Udon Thani, I can get his address for you, I dont he has a phone at his gym. He is the one who got me fights at Lumpinee when living in Bangkok.
    3. The K1 hosted tournament was held in Osaka, I lost to Karl Lunbrax a fighter from Prague. There were 8 guys in my division. It was a 2 day single elimination tournament.
    4. The Military wrestling tournament was held at NATTC Pensacola as a base competition since thats where all branches go through tech training. I was in the Navy.
    5. The Kendo tournaments were held Bi anually in San Fransico, I competed in the intermediate level the first couple times then the advanced. This was during college so I was 18-21.
    6. The Full contact tournament was held in Miami, the tournament was called the "Budo Invitational"
    7. I have Muay Thai fights in Japan, Ireland, Spain,Germany and Thailand. I'm in the process of trying to find tape of them.
    8. Lumpinee is a stadium in Bangkok.
    9. Boxing, I didn't go through a gym I simply hooked up with smoker fights while in Florida to try to stay in shape.
    10. Master Han's is called Swift Foot Academy in Florida, I dont think he moved to Canada, Unfortunatly the Phone number isnt on my dan cert.

I will have all the stuff I can find at the school on Thurs, Including rank certs, trophies and hopefully some video. I will also try to find particulars like tournament patches, programs, things of that nature, my family should have some of the junk in their garage or closet. Sorryfor the delay, wasn't expecting so many questions my first week teaching again.

Richard Cumpson
    ====

That gives us more to work with. Anyone able to work through any of the details?

Thanks,

-Daniel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 2:14pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daniel, can you please ask Mr. Cumpson why he lists his age as 27 when it's in fact 47?

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 2:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Daniel. I would definitely question this guy. He showed up at my husband's dojo about 4 months ago claiming the same qualifications. However, most of his stories were inconsistent and we eventually kicked him out of the dojo for trying to teach his crap to our students. Just as a side note, he claimed to have a fight record but our white and yellow belt students were kicking his ass. I would think being a black belt he would be way more skilled than that. Let me know if you want more information on our experience with him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamauchi
    Hey Daniel. I would definitely question this guy. He showed up at my husband's dojo about 4 months ago claiming the same qualifications. However, most of his stories were inconsistent and we eventually kicked him out of the dojo for trying to teach his crap to our students. Just as a side note, he claimed to have a fight record but our white and yellow belt students were kicking his ass. I would think being a black belt he would be way more skilled than that. Let me know if you want more information on our experience with him.
    If you have info that will help this thread reach it's goal, please do post it.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

=====
    Daniel,
    Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner havent had a chance to check emails in a few days. I'm currently going through alot of boxes as we speak. Unfortunatly moving so many times from place to place country to country, I have alot of storage with boxes that aren't labeled. But as afr as your questions heres what I can tell you as of now.

1. I have to locate Nakano, sensei's number. She doesnt teach at a traditional dojo, her classes are taught at her families estate in Shibuya. I'm contacting other students of hers to get her number, if not at least her or her sons email.
    2. Master Silasot's Gym is in Udon Thani, I can get his address for you, I dont he has a phone at his gym. He is the one who got me fights at Lumpinee when living in Bangkok.
    3. The K1 hosted tournament was held in Osaka, I lost to Karl Lunbrax a fighter from Prague. There were 8 guys in my division. It was a 2 day single elimination tournament.
    4. The Military wrestling tournament was held at NATTC Pensacola as a base competition since thats where all branches go through tech training. I was in the Navy.
    5. The Kendo tournaments were held Bi anually in San Fransico, I competed in the intermediate level the first couple times then the advanced. This was during college so I was 18-21.
    6. The Full contact tournament was held in Miami, the tournament was called the "Budo Invitational"
    7. I have Muay Thai fights in Japan, Ireland, Spain,Germany and Thailand. I'm in the process of trying to find tape of them.
    9. Boxing, I didn't go through a gym I simply hooked up with smoker fights while in Florida to try to stay in shape.
    10. Master Han's is called Swift Foot Academy in Florida, I dont think he moved to Canada, Unfortunatly the Phone number isnt on my dan cert.

I will have all the stuff I can find at the school on Thurs, Including rank certs, trophies and hopefully some video. I will also try to find particulars like tournament patches, programs, things of that nature, my family should have some of the junk in their garage or closet. Sorryfor the delay, wasn't expecting so many questions my first week teaching again.

Richard Cumpson
    ====

That gives us more to work with. Anyone able to work through any of the details?

Thanks,

-Daniel
    I don't like the way it reads . He seems very loose with the info and details ... while at the same time he said absolutely NOTHING . I really can't do much of anything with that info . I would need some years and months listed ... dates tend to be VERY important when researching peoples claims .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2008 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

=====
    Daniel,

Richard Cumpson
    ====

Thanks,

-Daniel
    Google has no record of a Master Silasot in Udon Thani, nor of any fighter named Karl Lunbrax. (Actually, there aren't any references to anyone, fighter or otherwise, named Karl Lunbrax.)
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast