Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the Guida vs Danzig potential for some awesome displays of explosive Rassli'n. Or Danzig mopping the floor with Clay's caveman head.
    I'm not so sure about Neer and Diaz I don't really know what to expect. I want to see Horn win I like him. Houston I just want to see swing for the fences I don't really care who wins. Lauzon by Sub or tko.

And I would love to see Herman get whipped again I just like seeing him get beat the hell up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 10:00pm

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this card could almost be better then the PPV card on this weekend!

Nate Diaz Vs. Josh Neer - Diaz by submission, probably a triangle

Clay Guida Vs. Mac Danzig - I think i have to go with Danzig on this one, i like clay, he's entertaining, but he is still a little crazy. do you guys see im at every ppv he's standing right behind where the fighters get all vasalined up and checked out before they get in the cage, he's always yelling and looking goofy. also. on the last card he wore at least 2 different t-shirts throughout the night.

Houston Alexander Vs. Eric Schafer - Houston by KO.
    Ed Herman Vs. Alan Belcher - Belcher, i don't care how, i like seeing Herman get beat up
    Joe Lauzon Vs. Kyle Bradley - Joe Lauzon of course. by submission
    Jeremy Horn Vs. Wilson Gouveia - Jeremy Horn, by.... desision. let's go with that
    Drew McFedries Vs. Mike Massenzio - donno
    Jason Brilz Vs. Brad Morris - donno
    Dan Miller Vs. Rob Kimmons - donno

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    9/05/2008 5:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2008 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinhead
    I think this card could almost be better then the PPV card on this weekend!

Clay Guida Vs. Mac Danzig - I think i have to go with Danzig on this one, i like clay, he's entertaining, but he is still a little crazy. do you guys see im at every ppv he's standing right behind where the fighters get all vasalined up and checked out before they get in the cage, he's always yelling and looking goofy. also. on the last card he wore at least 2 different t-shirts throughout the night.
    the fact that he wore at least two different shirts in one night is totally going to cost him this fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2008 5:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie Barra JiuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (noob ?) is this going to be ppv or free on spike?

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    9/09/2008 5:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight Nights are free on Spike.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 8:56am

Style: MMA/Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noonyez
    the fact that he wore at least two different shirts in one night is totally going to cost him this fight.
    Of course it will! Changing shirts so often totally screws up your body feng shui and interferes with your ability to throw chi blasts. Isn't that common knowledge?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 1:18pm

Style: BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone think this show marks the start of a massive over-exposure of the UFC in the next three or four months? I understand there are plenty who would say they've been over-exposed for some time but the next few months seem very high intensity.

You've got this show (free), the next season of the Ultimate Fighter, Bisping/Leben(free) Cote/Silva (PPV), a three to four week Countdown to Couture/Lesnar, Couture/Lesnar (PPV), the TUF Finale (free), a mooted Military show for early December (presumably free), Mir/Nogueira-Griffin/Evans (PPV).

Then early next year you've got final of the Heavyweight tournament, Hughes/Serra, St Pierre/Penn, Silva/Okami. And potentially the merging of the WEC Lightheavyweight and middleweight divisions into the UFC as the same time as the WEC goes to PPV for selected shows (presumably the WEC would want to stack their first PPV).

In some ways it's a good time to be a fan, as the New Year show and the Superbowl show are amongst the biggest of the year a lot of fighters want to appear on them and so are making themselves available and it also presents a string of very strong cards packed with star power in a period of time that competitors are looking financially unstable (EliteXC and Affliction in particular), however it risks the mainstream media and casual fan which has grown increasingly attatched to a sport they once considered barbaric burning out.

Additionally the company is blowing their wad over the next few months, leaving a pretty barren wastleland for the second quarter of 2009, we all know Anderson Silva will kick the collective ass of the Middleweight division on a day-to-day basis, pausing only to dance and grin coquettishly but the other champions seem to prefer longer breaks between title shots.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nisezoom
    Does anyone think this show marks the start of a massive over-exposure of the UFC in the next three or four months?

In some ways it's a good time to be a fan, as the New Year show and the Superbowl show are amongst the biggest of the year a lot of fighters want to appear on them and so are making themselves available and it also presents a string of very strong cards packed with star power in a period of time that competitors are looking financially unstable (EliteXC and Affliction in particular), however it risks the mainstream media and casual fan which has grown increasingly attatched to a sport they once considered barbaric burning out.
    In the next month, there are more NFL games scheduled to be televised than there are UFC evens in the next four months. Are we worried about mainstream media and casual fans getting burned out on football?
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2008 1:38pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God damnit. What is Houston Alexander still doing on a main event?

Can't stand that guy or his fans.

"BEST P4P FIGHTER EVER. KNOCKED OUT JARDINE LOL."

Yeah. And then he got beat twice and cried about it like a bitch.

Love Joe Lauzon. That dude is fun to watch.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast