Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 9:29am

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

bjj blackbelt Phony

Has anyone ever heard of a guy named Chuck Slayton. Last I was told he was in Korea. I have a local guy claming he recieved his blackbelt under Mr. Slayton. If anyone has any info that would be helpful. The guy claming he is a black belt is named Steven Garza. He is also claming to be under Claudio Franca. Come to find out he only trained there for six months in 2004. please help me shut this guy up

accused: Steven Garza
    accuser: Bjj Loyalist

acts commited: opening a school under false pretences of being a bjj blackbelt, teaching bjj to paying customers, promoting students

reasons supporting my accusations: lost to a white belt in tournament, the reason I know this is because I spoke to the white belt's instructor, Brandon Quick Eddie Bravo brownbelt

RE: No Subject
    Body:
    well, i gotta admit, u kinda pissed me off a little but its ok. ive been in martial arts for about 23 yrs. i have trained at a lot of places. claudio fransca was the best school i have ever trained under though. he is a 9 time world champion. he was a great instructor. u did see me grapple at naga. but you saw me grapple durring my 12th shoulder dislocation in the last yr and a half. i was pretty much helpless. i won the world internationals 145lb and under submission grappling tournament class with one arm and decided naga would b my last tournament b4 my shoulder surgery. i should have been smart and sat it out cause i knew it was gonna dislocate again. and about bear, the belt he wore is his business. he is a judo and traditional jap jiu jitsu master and he didnt want anyone to think he was sandbagging. he is an honorable man and i have a lot of respect for him. he is also a great student. if u want to know more just talk to bear or ask mat reed how much he has improved since he has been training with me. PS. no offence but stop trying to size people up all the time. just worry about making urself better. ive heard u are a pretty good grappler. keep seeking self improvement and stop worrying about everyone else.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: 19 Aug 2008, 23:48

im sorry to seem like a real ball breaker but at times i just seem to question things i dont understand. like how someone who is on active deployment can find time to train enough to receive a bjj blackbelt, but if you did that is extremely impressive, i really mean that. so was Mastreo Franca the first place where you trained?

Date: Aug 17, 2008 9:00 PM

yes. i recieved it from chuck slayton while i was in the army in korea. before him i have trained under claudio franca and doug young in california. u are more than welcome to come to my school and try out a free class to make sure im legite before u make any desisions 2 train full time at my gym. what rank r u?

Date: 17 Aug 2008, 21:19

someone who heard there was a bjj blackbelt closer than the 2 1/2 hours that i normally drive. So r u?

Date: Aug 17, 2008 6:30 PM

Who r u?

Date: 17 Aug 2008, 19:15

I heard you were a bjj blackbelt.
    Who did you get it under?

i am the blue eyed devil

this is the tournament that he is claiming he won

And he seems to have takes second in "The World Internationals Sport Karate and Submission Grappling Championships" (presented by the world sport karate federation and the world head of family sokeship council!), where he took second in mens advanced superlightweight grappling, losing to someone from Tenth Planet, but the rest of the bracket seems to be empty -- no third, forth, etc places in SLW. Link:

http://www.theworldinternationals.com/results.htm
    Last edited by gandp1120; 9/03/2008 1:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 9:49am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is he just talking smack? Or is he trying to run a school or teach people under the banner of being a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt?

edit: cool, you have some background up now. He sounds sketchy, I'm gonna sit this one out, but I'll get some popcorn
    Last edited by NoTeefa; 9/03/2008 7:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 10:35am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gandp1120
    Has anyone ever heard of a guy named Chuck Slayton. Last I was told he was in Korea. I have a local guy claming he recieved his blackbelt under Mr. Slayton. If anyone has any info that would be helpful. The guy claming he is a black belt is named Steven Garza. He is also claming to be under Claudio Franca. Come to find out he only trained there for six months in 2004. please help me shut this guy up
    This Steven Garza has a myspace group called "Team Fury BJJ and MMA" Here:

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?...e-ad56e93566a8

and in a news article about another fighter, it states "Steven Garza, a black belt instructor of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu out of Rusk,(TX) coached Krantz during the tournament." Link:

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com...rantz_spo.html

And he seems to have takes second in "The World Internationals Sport Karate and Submission Grappling Championships" (presented by the world sport karate federation and the world head of family sokeship council!), where he took second in mens advanced superlightweight grappling, losing to someone from Tenth Planet, but the rest of the bracket seems to be empty -- no third, forth, etc places in SLW. Link:

http://www.theworldinternationals.com/results.htm

Looks like he is making he claim (bjj blackbelt) in public, and coaching pro fighters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah guys, I got most of that stuff and have already talked to the guy that he lost to in the karate grappling tourny. that kid is a white belt at 10th planet in dallas. I am more concerned with the guy he got his blackbelt from, Chuck Slayton.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    noteefa, you hit the nail on the head. i mean i hate to be a dick but isnt that the same as fraud?

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Steven Garza claims that he trained BJJ under Claudio Franca for 6 months, and got a BJJ black belt from Chuck Slayton, who is in Korea?

Google is not really giving much on Slayton or Garza. Do you have any evidence of Garza's claims, or is it all verbal and in person? Is Garza teaching?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    read this thread:
    MABS Investigation Layout? - No BS Martial Arts

and see how an opening MABS post should be written and presented.

then go back and edit your opening post to reflect the essential information as Slindsay has framed.

if you fail to do this, I see no reason why your thread should remain in MABS as it is unworthy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 1:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope the new info is suffeciant. I really am just trying to find out about Chuck Slayton, is he a bjj blackbelt, or is he even a real person.

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 1:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd rather you write up a new post instead of editing old ones. Maybe you're right in this case, but I've seen it cause trouble in MABS when we're trying to establish a timeline.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/ JKD/ KALI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You won't find out much if he truly is a person and in the military and stationed in Korea. Chuck is probably an Army officer teaching BJJ which would then make his (Steven Garza) black belt irrelevant.
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast