Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 5:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No BS best gi competition ever

Hello world it is I the one who brings good news. Welcome to the World Bushido Jiu Jitsu International Championship. This event will take place October 25, 2008 in San Diego CA.
    Please know this event will offer CASH prizes to all belt white blue purple and brown. Last treat we will be holding 3 black belt divisions of 24 black belts. Each division will win 1000.00 cash. So if your a black belt and want a good competition to support this is it. The weight classes for black blets are as follows. We need 24 black belts.
    8 Light under 165
    8 Medium 170 - 195
    8 Heavy 200 -225

Please check out the website www.wbjjf.com

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked your rules and I like your concept. Two things:

1) I have been promised reimbursement for entry fee by winning the division. Never happens though. They always come back with the "we'll pay your entry next year" retort. I never end up going back though. And somehow I think that's the way organizers like it.

2) Good luck getting 24 black belts. You aren't going to find many willing to compete in an 8 man for $1k. Especially in the heavy bracket. Kudos if you do! I'm just saying...

Good luck with the competition. But those are going to be some hella long and exhausting matches!

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nevermind.

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 12:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    I checked your rules and I like your concept. Two things:

1) I have been promised reimbursement for entry fee by winning the division. Never happens though. They always come back with the "we'll pay your entry next year" retort. I never end up going back though. And somehow I think that's the way organizers like it.

2) Good luck getting 24 black belts. You aren't going to find many willing to compete in an 8 man for $1k. Especially in the heavy bracket. Kudos if you do! I'm just saying...

Good luck with the competition. But those are going to be some hella long and exhausting matches!
    Let me first just say thanks for the kind words on the rules. Im a black belt and it sucks to always see guys go for the 2 point takedown and stall. There are so many rules and BS in most competitions that I finally got together with other black belts to make this thing happen.

As for the Heavy black belts. I have done event before for black belts that won 10k cash and the event hosted names like Saulo and his lil brother or better knows the world champ 2008. So Your right to a point but honestly I hope with people like you this art will grow not only for the promotors but the white belt who wants to be great for everyone.

I hope this does not sound like im trying to be funny in anyway. I just want Jiu Jitsu to hold its own in the worlds eyes. Not keep being the bastard step child with no teeth.

D. Davis

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 1:25am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have to be registered with the WBJJF to enter? May I, as a USJF judoka, enter the white-belt division? (I'm yonkyu/4th kyu/senior novice in Judo, i.e. I still wear a white belt)

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 5:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danniboi07
    Do you have to be registered with the WBJJF to enter? May I, as a USJF judoka, enter the white-belt division? (I'm yonkyu/4th kyu/senior novice in Judo, i.e. I still wear a white belt)
    This is a good question. No you dont have to be registered with the WBJJF to enter. We are actully going to invite many judo school. As they to do have ground work just not as much as BJJ. Id like to one day see open competion. When Judo VS Real Jiu Jitsu happens. I look forward to seeing you there. Thanks for the question and entrest.

D. Davis