Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: No-gi vs skins

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I deliberately wear no shirt in competition and rash guard in practice. I know people don't like to roll with a shirtless guy so any distraction is good plus you are more slippery.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the guy that said shirt vs skins make no difference, youre wrong.

Rashguards provide a good amount of friction that can help a slippery omoplata. I'm going skins right now because I'm fighting in a little over a week and I won't have a shirt on. Good to see others have similar experiences.

It's not that a rashguard makes so much more friction, but its a noticeable difference.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate people who don't wear some type of rashguard its uncomfortable to feel your squishy man breast against my face. I hate tshirts because like it has been said they get tangled. I'm not actually a fan of the gi pants but I agree that they help with triangles and the such. I like long sleeve rashguards though and I may look into getting some shinya aoki style superpants.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like wearing a t-shirt but I do wear a rashguard. I've got a few moles on my back that I'd prefer stay attached.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well just for clarity, I think a rashguard is a good idea for most of the time. Its just that when your fighting and getting close to it, going shirtless helps a little.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Th3 D3adly
    I hate people who don't wear some type of rashguard its uncomfortable to feel your squishy man breast against my face. I hate tshirts because like it has been said they get tangled. I'm not actually a fan of the gi pants but I agree that they help with triangles and the such. I like long sleeve rashguards though and I may look into getting some shinya aoki style superpants.

Man I have no idea what kind of monstors you have hanging around to train with but the last time I was rolling around with a guy how had bitch-tits it was at Mardi Gras and because he was drunk and I wasn't really in the best state of mind and we both ended up in the drunk tank.

Me personally, I prefer gi pants and a tshirt, but this prefrence has only come about as my technial ability has gotten better. And lets face it, as much as I train, I wear my gi more than the monkey suit that I have to wear during the week.

Page 2 of 2 First 12