Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 5:44am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

bag work while traveling

I travel from time to time and am without a bag for a week or two. Anyone have any creative ideas for getting some bagwork in in a hotel room?

Im going to take a deflated speed bag and air it up when I get there and try to figure out a way to hang it ... maybe tie it to the shower curtain rod or something.

Im also going to take some 16 ounce gloves ... If I cant figure out a way to secure a seat cushion or something, Ill hit the wall or a column. I might also be able to stuff a duffle bag with blankets.

any other ideas (besides picking bar fights in the hotel lounge)?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 8:34am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use the time to perfect your technique through shadow boxing and work on your general fitness with sit-ups and push-ups. Trying to rig some sort of traveling bag set up would be a waste of time.

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 8:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I travel as well and there's only so much you can do on the road. I usually focus on...

1. Running - roadwork or treadmill depending on the hotel location and what's in the fitness center.
    2. Rope Skipping - A good speed rope fits easily into a travel bag.
    3. If I'm driving, I'll pack my weighted boxing gloves for shadow boxing. I like to alternate rounds of shadow boxing and rope skipping.
    4. Bodyweight exercises (pushups, dips, situps, froggers, leg raises, burpees, lunges, etc.)
    5. Stretching

Be creative and you should be fine without a heavy bag while you travel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 10:04am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks ... I do most of that ... its just that whenever I get back I can really tell the difference on the heavy bag (I run out of gas a lot quicker) ... and I do work hard when traveling ...

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 10:10am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you do any of the stuff you suggest in your first post...you are probably just going to hurt yourself.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 7:56pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy
    Thanks ... I do most of that ... its just that whenever I get back I can really tell the difference on the heavy bag (I run out of gas a lot quicker) ... and I do work hard when traveling ...
    Usually what happens when you've been missing the heavy bag work is you come back and T-off and wear yourself out.

Happens to everyone to some degree. If you've been working the bag long enough, you won't loose any of the muscle built specifically for that. Maintaining your cardio with other means will keep you tip top.

I couldn't imagine trying to hang a bag up in a hotel and pissing off the entire building. I feel for my neighboors with my back yard bag. Like someone roofing for 45 minutes next door a few times a week.

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 8:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always get a lot out of shadow boxing when I'm traveling, and the super-setting the rounds with pushups and squats. Unless you can find someone to hold some mitts for you. Are you traveling alone?

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 9:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usally find out ahead of time what Gyms are in the area and mapquest it from the hotel. I've met a lot of great figthers and trained with alot of decent people. If nothing else I at least get to work their bags.