Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 8:36am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Actually on second thought I did get "dropped" by a boob-shot 1 time. When I was young and... developing(aka super tender)...I got caught right across the nipple with the tip of a shinai and it hurt terrible much.

Other then that getting push kicked in the boob sucks (airman kai ruined my **** with a boob push kick, twice) and getting your nipple nicked by a toe sucks.

Don't think I've ever been punched hard there though.
    When we spar, I know my target. Boobie shots, ftw.

And if it goes to the ground, titty twister submission.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 9/03/2008 8:38am at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 10:33am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot. Of course keep in mind that I'm probably a ****-ton better then all the girls at your gym.
    Without a doubt. It occured to me right after I typed it that you probably don't flare your elbows like a tard, which would take care of %90 of the issue right off the bat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2008 6:43am

Style: Karate, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, if I box amateur, chest protection is a must. But need something that will fit at least a D size chest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 8:27pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Different women seem to be more or less sensitive to boob shots, in my experience. It just doesn't hurt me that much to get hit in the tits, but I know chicks who hit the canvas every time a solid one lands.

However, if someone was landing shot after shot on the old chesticles, it could build up and leave them pretty battered. A chick I know came out of a grapple-heavy FTR bout with her boobs absolutely black and blue from hard knees. It didn't bother her in the fight, but did affect her training for some time after while they healed.

However, I think AnnaTrocity's advice on not becoming overly-reliant is pretty sound. I wouldn't wear it too often in training.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually on second thought I did get "dropped" by a boob-shot 1 time. When I was young and... developing(aka super tender)...I got caught right across the nipple with the tip of a shinai and it hurt terrible much.

Other then that getting push kicked in the boob sucks (airman kai ruined my **** with a boob push kick, twice) and getting your nipple nicked by a toe sucks.

Don't think I've ever been punched hard there though.
    In women's Muay Thai, do fighters ever intentionally throw teeps to the chest? Or is that considered bad sportsmanship/not an effective strategy?

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 10:06pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To my knowledge I think it's not really done out of unspoken mutual respect.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    10/05/2008 10:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karritto
    Also, if I box amateur, chest protection is a must. But need something that will fit at least a D size chest.
    Good luck with that. If you find anything, let us know. I can never find anything decent to fit D cup. Sports bras totally blow my buget. May i add for all the women reading, the Berlei High Preformance sports bra is the best 50 bucks (or i have ever spent on a bra.

In women's Muay Thai, do fighters ever intentionally throw teeps to the chest? Or is that considered bad sportsmanship/not an effective strategy?
    I dont know much about mauy thai, but whenever i spar with a chick i rarely go for boob shots, it doesn't seem like a bitch move so much as an unecisary one. If she's experienced chances are they wont be really effective.

I've never been punched in the boob hard, but I used to play soccer and the amount of times i took a ball to the chest boggles the mind, and i never really felt hurt anymore that taking a ball somewhere else. I guess it'd hurt if i got hit well there, but that goes for most places.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 7:46am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not really sure i've seen a big boob hit yet and i watch a lot of women's local MT here.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/06/2008 2:12pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife is in the D camp and she swears by Under Armour sports bras and can fit the chest protector I linked.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 7:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get some decent turtle shells and keep your elbows in. We had to wear chest protectors during our first three fights and I have no earthly idea what the point was.

*edit* Ah, I just saw that you *have* to have it for amateur boxing. Sucks!
    Last edited by Dora Milaje; 11/13/2008 7:13pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast