222416 Bullies, 5029 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Which is the worst martial arts show done by Discovery Channel?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10 martial arts

17 6.23%
  • Xtreme martial arts

65 23.81%
  • History of the martial arts

2 0.73%
  • They all sucked

189 69.23%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 3:40am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I saw that rotten show tonight too. Gawd. What a retarded approach to Martial Arts.

And to think they called it "XTREME MARTIAL ARTS". I bet the loser who designed that show has a tangerine belt in tai chi, and their favorite martial artist is Sean Claude Van Damme.

*puke*
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 3:42am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's no different than the History channel and Sci-fi channel re-inventing history as they go with all those UFO shows designed to impress superstitious geeks.

It's tabloid TV, just in a different genre, that's all.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 6:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I voted for Xtreme martial arts - I had to change the channel after 20 minutes.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 12:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The horsehair acting as a sponge on the spear was great too."

Actually that is what its for, to stop blood from running down the shaft. Notice James lew didn't say that blood made him more ferociuos.

But over all the show sucked crude oil straight from the barrel.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't Mind the XMA at first. But half way through it when I realized they were just going to follow that asshole around, I was really disappointed.
    What the hell was with that spitting water ****? I cannot believe judges would go for that. Then when the asshole rips off his top to do his kata....what the ****?????

Over all I think it could have been interesting if they looked at other martial artists and did a documentary on MA, not Some guy who does MA.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 1:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still say we send this poll to the discovery channel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 4:08pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with these "documentaries" is that they are done by really corny people who barely started in TMA and grew up with the hokey kung fu and karate movies. They have little real understanding of true hardcore MA. So they buy into all the mysticism and oriental lore of TMA and show that on screen in an exaggerated sugar coated form.

They think MA is all about trophies, breaking bricks, 7 year old black belts, chinese guys doing forms, silk clothing, ninjas, and all the stereotypes.

They interview aikidokas about ki. They'll interview the kung fu guy about iron fist training. They'll interview the karateka about the brick breaking. They'll interview some kenpo guy about Dim Mak. They'll interview the kendoka about katanas. They'll interview the TKD masters about how little 7 year olds can be trained to be deadly kicking machines. The little kid goes nuts on foam nunchuks and the stupid interviewer looks like they're scared and uber impressed, playing it up. They'll show some Tang So Do guy who teaches TSD to kids in the ghetto. They'll do a piece on shaolin monks on spiriituallity with some chinese american JKD guy tagging along. They'll talk about Wushu being deadly because it's looks pretty as a dance.

They'll skip the grapplers, boxers, non-asian martial arts, and everything else. In turn they reinforce the stereotypes onto the masses.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 4:49pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The GH3Y-est part of the whole XMA thing was the truly massive amount of tape that fag had on his arms. Then he never even hit anything hard!!!

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 7:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously XMA was made for people who don't do martial arts. It's a bigger audience than people who actually study. I couldn't make it through the first 1/2 hour of that shitty show. I was expecting them show arms and legs being broken right from the start, I don't care what some dancing karate queens have to say about their training.

And kage is right
    "i'm sure the part about the bloody metal chopsticks and how blood makes them slicker and makes bald boy go ARHHH just made the show a winner..didn't it"

Seriously, I almost laughed my ass off when he talked about seeing blood and wanting to yell. We all know the only thing he sticks in a guy doesn't spin in his hands. I'm pretty sure there is blood and yelling though.
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    12/12/2003 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shonuff-

I have to say, very GOOD post!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast