Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 6:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Anything that works.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO he comes across that way because of his life struggle to change the way the majority of martial arts are practiced. He is a very friendly and warming character and just tries to get the best out of whoever he trains. Im not at all concerned with his history as I know he will improve me as a fighter. Its his knowledge of the fight thats important.

Eddie Hardon, I am glad you find him and his research into the martial arts as interesting as I do.

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 7:31am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by petervasylenko
    IMO he comes across that way because of his life struggle to change the way the majority of martial arts are practiced. He is a very friendly and warming character and just tries to get the best out of whoever he trains. Im not at all concerned with his history as I know he will improve me as a fighter. Its his knowledge of the fight thats important.

Eddie Hardon, I am glad you find him and his research into the martial arts as interesting as I do.
    Thanks for that and from what I read I agree wholeheartedly. It seems to me that he really is concerned to get the best from his students and make them better fighters - if such is their goal - or better able to defend themselves should the need arise. As unfortunately in this World is all to frequently the case.

He does not look his age and a passing comment on his seeming to be about mid-30s at SENI seems about right.

He has a phenomenal amount of research and knowledge plus History on his website and it continually amazes me but then I don't have his knowledge so I gawp at some of it and it makes me think. An inspirational character. Perhaps, one day I may make it and I'm sure I would profit enormously.

His role as Doorman of the pub, The Lord Nelson? or was it The Hope and Anchor when he made the gangster (proper) give ground made me laugh. I believe him and I'm not too far from Islington in any case *laughs* so I've slight more awareness than some.

It's extraordinary the number of name MAists who claim his influence. The proverbial "prophet without honour in his own country" springs to Mind.

Cheers

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 10:02am

Style: inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's fucking like the fucking British Matt fucking Thornton only he fucking swears fucking more.

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 10:18am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Badger
    He's fucking like the fucking British Matt fucking Thornton only he fucking swears fucking more.
    For all I know, he might have fucking taught Matt fucking Thornton ;-)

Who he, by the way? Some Straight Blast Geezer?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2008 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do the experienced MMA guys here think about Steves aproach to training?

Posted On:
    9/02/2008 9:40pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk...pplingcred.htm

He endorses aliveness above all else, but pretty much had no formal instruction. His roundhouses look pretty awful, and he blocks low kicks with his hands.

Someone more qualified than me can critique more, but he looks technically pretty terrible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2008 9:59pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only watched a couple of the videos and skimmed through some of the reading material, so I don't feel comfortable passing judgment on him or anything.

However...
    YouTube - Morris Method 2 DVD clip 1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 6:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i noticed that too, see my previous post about the video with ground and pound.

if some of the things i say are off, remember i wasn't able to hear what he was saying as i don't have audio.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I havn't seen the dvd that clip is from, however I dont think he's advocating always punching their legs when your in their guard. There isn't enough information in that clip to pass judgment on his grappling skills IMO. Im sure if you emailed him with any questions he would be happy to answer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 11:36am

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really care enough to go so far as contacting him about it, it's just that I don't see how punching someone's legs in guard would be a good idea, ever, under any circumstances.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast