Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 7:22pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My hats off to you guys

OK I thought I was tough. In high school my wrestling practice was 3-4 hours 5 days a week then 5-6 hours on saturdays. Working on something different each day. Now I do 2 hour fullbody work outs every other day. Well I thought I was real badass in high school. But I was watching some of my UFC DVDs today(Kinda having a lazy saturday) and couture runs 7-8 hour practices. For those of you who can run that type of work outs you guys are beasts and my hat goes off to you.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 7:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7-8 hours at once or split up throught the day?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why a 2 hour long full body workout?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I am fresh out of surgery. I was ran over by a potato truck, which messed me up quite a bit. I have had a surgery on both knees, work done on my back and recently on my right shoulder. I also might have to get my left knee worked on again. Its getting really week as of late even with the brace. So I am starting out slow, once I have dropped enough fat I will kick it up some, then a little bit more then a little bit more. I am out of high school and not competing anymore so I am not as hardcore as I once was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 7:41pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer
    Because I am fresh out of surgery. I was ran over by a potato truck, which messed me up quite a bit. I have had a surgery on both knees, work done on my back and recently on my right shoulder. I also might have to get my left knee worked on again. Its getting really week as of late even with the brace. So I am starting out slow, once I have dropped enough fat I will kick it up some, then a little bit more then a little bit more. I am out of high school and not competing anymore so I am not as hardcore as I once was.
    Good luck on your recovery. Keep it up.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 7:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer
    Um...shouldn't you be doing LESS work then, instead of 2 hour full body workout?

More isn't better in terms of training.
    "Emevas,

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 8:04pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Um...shouldn't you be doing LESS work then, instead of 2 hour full body workout?

More isn't better in terms of training.
    Well, not in terms of weight training, anyways. To be sure. Taking emevas and Macho's advice and the websites they reccomended I've made my weight training sessions much more effecient. As far as martial arts training goes though, more is definetely better. You bet yer ass coutre isn't running them 7 hours of straight weights.

7 hours of grappling, pad work, striking, sparring-is freakin heavenly. Jorge Masvidal trains around here, and he sometimes went from 8am - 8pm when he was at FFA.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 8:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was gonna post earlier, but Budo's avatar distracted me. Well after physical therapy was done doc said I will have some pain but no limitations. I am doing body by Fish which was recommended to me by somebody from here.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 9:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    As far as martial arts training goes though, more is definetely better. .

I would still have to disagree here, at least for the normal person that is not a professional athlete, doesn't get paid just to train, has outside variables to account for (such as a job), has no chemical assistance and a sub-optimal diet. Most folks would benefit more from perfect practice and wiring their CNS to perform optimally than to gut out 8 hours a day and just train to be sloppy.

If the stars are lined up for you, and you can benefit from 8 hours of training a day...well, you most likely wouldn't be posting here, haha.
    "Emevas,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2008 10:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in a year I will start training to be a prowrestler. (Go a head and crack your jokes) I have a year left of college. I want to have something to fall back on if my knee blows out. Oh and thank you jdinca, I think I had it coming to be honest. I used to be areal asshole and it took a truck to put me in my place lol. Let me just say again, I know I wasnt at the same level as profighters or olympic level wrestlers, but we did take state in 2006. So I wasnt some slouch, but damn 8 hours on full speed. Thats just some crazy **** and once again my hats off to those who can. Thats insane.