232630 Bullies, 3931 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 81
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. v1y is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    657

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 2:13pm


     Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bj would beat kimbo and shamrock.
  2. 8bit is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 9:34pm


     Style: wing chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    I hope my sarcasm detector is broken and you really did know that Dana White was the Owner of Las Vegas. I think he also has a side job with an up and coming MMA organization.
    Why should I know or care?
  3. SoulMechanic is offline
    SoulMechanic's Avatar

    Bassline to the Mainline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,201

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:00pm


     Style: JamBoxer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    Dana said Urijah himself would destroy Kimbo in an interview in the latest Playboy magazine.
    Well holy ****, some people actually do read playboy for the articles.
  4. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:04pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana White was so dead on re:Fedor that I wish he'd now STFU permanently.

    BJ would have a 99.7% chance of whuppin' Kimbo
  5. Grappler is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    103

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:26pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    theotherserge
    BJ would have a 99.7% chance of whuppin' Kimbo
    Don't be so fucking biased. When lay people who never did any martial arts start saying that martial arts don't work, it's a bad thing. When martial artists start thinking their training makes them invincible, it's just as bad.


    PrIde FC Bob Sapp vs Antonio Nogueira Sports Video on IMEEM Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://media.imeem.com/v/YJEV3psNgV/aus=false/pv=2@@AMEPARAM@@YJEV3psNgV
    Nogueira won primarily thanks to the fact that he can take a punch. Sapp's size advantage almost nullified Nog's technique, until Nog finally had the chance to apply an armbar. You think BJ will be able to take a lot of punches from Kimbo?
  6. G-Off is offline
    G-Off's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:32pm


     Style: Ronin wannabe

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler
    theotherserge
    Don't be so fucking biased. When lay people who never did any martial arts start saying that martial arts don't work, it's a bad thing. When martial artists start thinking their training makes them invincible, it's just as bad.


    http://www.imeem.com/people/enXUaa/v..._sports_video/
    Nogueira won primarily thanks to the fact that he can take a punch. Sapp's size advantage almost nullified Nog's technique, until Nog finally had the chance to apply an armbar. You think BJ will be able to take a lot of punches from Kimbo?
    BJ has the best chin in the LW and probably WW divisions in the UFC. I've never seen him once rocked, Matt Hughes stopped him because BJ wasn't defending himself. Other than that he's never been stopped. You know why he didn't defend himself against Hughes? He was tired. He lay there on the ground, perfectly lucid, trying to blink blood out of his eyes because he was too tired to escape. But he was never rocked.

    Let's not forget BJ's undefeated at Middleweight and though Lyoto Machida's not the most physically dominant fighter, he is a top 3 LHW and BJ took him to a razon-thin decision loss. Kimbo is bigger, sure. Size has never mattered to BJ, especially not with a skill disparity the size of the motherfucking Mariana trench between him and Kimbo. If BJ were in shape for a Kimbo fight, he'd take Kimbo's head back home with him.
    Last edited by G-Off; 8/29/2008 10:35pm at .
  7. T3hJudoChop is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    465

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:36pm


     Style: Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler
    theotherserge
    Don't be so fucking biased. When lay people who never did any martial arts start saying that martial arts don't work, it's a bad thing. When martial artists start thinking their training makes them invincible, it's just as bad.


    http://www.imeem.com/people/enXUaa/v..._sports_video/
    Nogueira won primarily thanks to the fact that he can take a punch. Sapp's size advantage almost nullified Nog's technique, until Nog finally had the chance to apply an armbar. You think BJ will be able to take a lot of punches from Kimbo?
    Yes, because clearly Kimbo Slice is a K-1 level striker. I mean his fight with James Thompson was a clear demonstration of his superior striking skills.

    Besides, it's not like it would be the first time BJ fought someone who had a significant weight advantage. BJ held his own against Machida, who, even back then, was a significantly better striker than Kimbo.

    I actually think BJ would catch Kimbo with a takedown, and tap him pretty quickly.

    ETA: Apparently, getting up to get a cup of coffee in the middle of writing a post = someone beating me to it.
  8. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 10:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler
    theotherserge
    Don't be so fucking biased. When lay people who never did any martial arts start saying that martial arts don't work, it's a bad thing. When martial artists start thinking their training makes them invincible, it's just as bad.


    http://www.imeem.com/people/enXUaa/v..._sports_video/
    Nogueira won primarily thanks to the fact that he can take a punch. Sapp's size advantage almost nullified Nog's technique, until Nog finally had the chance to apply an armbar. You think BJ will be able to take a lot of punches from Kimbo?
    you continue to carry the torch as one of the stupidest dumbasses on this forum
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)
  9. Grappler is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    103

    Posted On:
    8/29/2008 11:42pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone
    BJ has the best chin in the LW and probably WW divisions in the UFC. I've never seen him once rocked, Matt Hughes stopped him because BJ wasn't defending himself. Other than that he's never been stopped.
    You are not really comparing the punches of a 230+ mountain of muscle that is Kimbo Slice to punches by a welterweight (between 155 and 170 lbs in UFC). If you had boxing experience and you said something that stupid, I'd verbally **** you up. but since you are "a recovering point sparrer" as it says in your style field, I'll forgive you.

    You know why he didn't defend himself against Hughes? He was tired.
    Your argument is sooo dumb. You think fatigue won't be a factor in his fight against Kimbo? Oh yeah, and Hughes broke BJ's ribs with his strength alone. You realize that Kimbo is way, way stronger than Hughes?

    I actually think BJ would catch Kimbo with a takedown, and tap him pretty quickly.
    Possible. But don't freaking say there is a 90% chance that will happen.

    Yes, because clearly Kimbo Slice is a K-1 level striker. I mean his fight with James Thompson was a clear demonstration of his superior striking skills.
    Ok, moron, you do realize that James freaking weighs 250+ lbs, while BJ struggles to make 170 lbs? You realize Kimbo won that fight, right? And damn right, Kimbo landed a lot of nice shots on James's face, which makes him a good striker. It doesn't matter if his technique wasn't crisp, getting hit by one of his punches is still like getting hit by a truck. Walk up to him and ask him to punch you once, you'll see. The definiton of a good striker isn't "someone with good striking technique" it's "someone who can do tons of damage with strikes". Otherwise the traditional kung fu tools who only do forms who have SHARP, CRISP TECHNIQUE would be the best strikers, while in reality their technique doesn't help them at all and they SUCK at striking.


    Besides, it's not like it would be the first time BJ fought someone who had a significant weight advantage...
    ...and lost. BJ lost the fight against Machida. He was also so scared of getting hit he clinched the whole time. He won't be able to stay in the clinch against Kimbo, Kimbo is too strong and he'll break away from BJ easily or fall on top of him.

    BJ held his own against Machida, who, even back then, was a significantly better striker than Kimbo.
    No, he is not a better striker than Kimbo. You can claim that he has better technique (his technique wasn't very good in that fight, btw), you can't claim he is a better striker. Unless you think he could outstrike Kimbo unter MT or KB rules?

    you continue to carry the torch as one of the stupidest dumbasses on this forum
    Shut your trap. You've been exposed as biased and ignorant. Insulting me because you can't defend what you've said is not going to erase that.




    Bottom Line
    Anyone who estimates BJ's chances of beating Kimbo at around 90% is an idiot.
    Last edited by Grappler; 8/29/2008 11:46pm at .
  10. Grappler is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    103

    Posted On:
    8/30/2008 12:04am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, this thread is going to turn into a flame war, if we let it. Can't we talk in a more reasonable tone, closer to the way theotherserge and I talked in the Beginning Striking thread?
    I used too much profanity, I apologize for that. Now why don't you guys show you can be reasonable and admit that I'm mostly right.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.